It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Food savers!! 
MMT 1000 Club

Post Food savers!!
My wofes grandma just got me one and i love it.Who's got em and what kind of trick do you have to store meat? I was packing away some goose and had problems with the blood running out of the meat and fucking up the seal. This was after a 24hr soak in salt water. i read that some people put a layer of paper towel above the meat to stop the juices. Some people partially freeze it first. Have you done it and which method works for you. I've kinda gone crazy and I've been using it for everything cuz it's righteous and kick ass. I seasoned my steaks and vaccum sealed em for tomorrow.

It's simple. get a mud motor. shoot ducks in the face.

Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:40 pm
MMT Elite Member

Post Re: Food savers!!
Paper towel is easiest i find.

Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:27 pm
MMT Addict

I bleed the meat in water for a few days and I lay out paper towels and and place all the meat on it then put paper towels on top and let it soak up the water and blood. I set the machine up next to the edge of the table and let the bag hang supporting it with one hand had press the vac/seal button with the other. I watch for liquid to start to come up and if it does I seal press the seal button before it gets to the heat strip. That usually does the trick. But I use a lot of paper towels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:09 pm
MMT 1000 Club

These are all good suggestions. Thank you for the replies. As simple as the concept of these machines are. I was surprised to learn that they require tricks.

It's simple. get a mud motor. shoot ducks in the face.

Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:48 pm
MMT Pro Member

We've been using one for years. If it's exceptionally moist meat like fish or red meat thats been soaking, it depends on how much time I've got to mess with it. If I have time, I'll pre-freeze it till the next day then vacuum. If not I use the paper towel method. Chili, soup and gumbo all go into indivual size bowls, froze then transferred into saver bags. We use ours alot!

Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]