It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 Recipe Thread 
MMT F.E.

Location: In a trailer of common sense, looking out the window at a tornado of stupidity
Post Recipe Thread
From Hizzoner

Ceviche Recipe for those interested:

Cover your fish filets in lime juice and refrigerate (at least 2-4 hrs for very thin fish more for thicker.)..overnight ain't gonna hurt nothin and is even better in my opinion.
Make pico de galo (chopped tomatoes (drain the juice off the tomatoes), diced purple onion, diced serrano pepper(s) (one for miled 2-3 for spicy), an avacado or two and a chopped head of cilantro)

Drain the lime juice off the fish and chop into bite size pieces. Add this to the pico de galo.

Now throw in a few spoonfulls of minced garlic and some horseradish.

Next stir in a half to a full bottle of shrimp cocktail sauce (depends on how much you like the stuff)

Add several dashes of Worsteshire sauce, Louisiana hot sauce and a bunch of Tony Cachere's.

Chill it in the fridge for an hour or so. Dump it out into some dixie cups and serve with some saltines or tortilla chips (use chips/crackers to dip) and lot's of Lone Star Light or a good Mexican beer with lime (good mexican beer does not include Corona)

you can also use shrimp, scallops, etc. as well as fish.

From T-Mac

Gooserole (can use ducks as well)

take a couple plucked ducks, one goose, or several breasts (works too)
Chop up an apple
Coarsly chop up a couple onions (I like purple)
Few Garlic Cloves
Chop up a head of Cilantro
Salt, Pepper, Tony's

You can add some other stuff too if you like...some fresh jap peppers...bottle of beer....some ro-tel...hard to fork this up-
Throw it all in a crock pot...pour water to cover and cook on low overnight....you'll wake up in the AM with a pillow full of drool cuz the savory smell will be all through the house

Cook up some wild rice and pour in a big ol casserole dish
Brown up some Jimmy Dean pan sausage, drain it and throw in the dish
Saute some shrooms in butter/garlic...pour ALL that in the dish
Take some green onion stalks (4-5) and chop em up fine...thow 3/4 of it in the dish and reserve the rest for garnish (the green parts)
Pull bird from crock pot and pick off the bone (won't be hard cuz it will fall off...just get allthe gristle and shit off it) and shred the meat (like pulled pork) throw that in the dish reserving the liguid...you can strain out the veggies and such

Take equal parts cream of mushroom soup and cream of chicken soup (condensed of course) and plop it in the dish....fold it all together and then use the reserved broth (little at a time) to mix soup uo well....cover and bake at 350 deg for 35-40 min until bubbly...uncover and cook for another 5-6 minutes to brown the top some-

Garnish with the rest of the green onion and get to chowin...it's damn good on a cold day and filling...I like to put some Louisiana Red on mine when I graze it

Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:16 pm
MMT F.E.

Location: In a trailer of common sense, looking out the window at a tornado of stupidity
Post Re: Recipe Thread
From Capt. Jon

Crispy Oven-Fried Fish
1 lbs fresh or frozen fish fillets
1/4 cup milk
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup fine breadcrumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
1/2 tsp dried dill
1/8 tsp black pepper
2 tbs butter melted
Rinse fish and pat dry. Put milk in one dish, flour in another and mix remaining ingredients in third dish.
Dip fish in milk, then flour, then milk again and finally breadcrumb mixture.
Bake on greased baking sheet at 450 for 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2 inch or until it flakes. I typically put it on Broil for just a couple of seconds.

From Capt. Jon

LEG OF LAMB

Ingredients:
• 1 Large leg of lamb. Butterflied and trimmed of excess fat
• 2 Large sprigs of fresh rosemary
• 1/2;C - Olive Oil
• 4 peeled and crushed garlic cloves
• 3/4;C - Balsamic Vinegar
• Freshly Ground Pepper
• Mesquite wood chips - soaked 30 minutes before use

Preparation Directions:
• The Marinade
• Remove leaves and from the Rosemary and chop lightly.
• In a large bowl combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, fresh rosemary, and several turns of a pepper mill.
• Whisk together and pour into a large plastic ziplock bag.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Place the lamb in the bag and work the marinade in thoroughly.
• Marinate for several hours at room temp or overnight in the refrigerator.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Build a fire in the Big Green Egg allow it to stabilize around 350-400°.
• Add the mesquite chips.
• Grill lamb for 12 minutes, turn and grill another 12 minutes on the other side. Resist the urge to peek before turning.
• Check temp with a fast reading thermometer in the thickest part of the leg (135-140 F is medium rare).
• Let rest for about 10 minutes after cooking and carve across the grain.

Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:17 pm
MMT F.E.

From Richard Cope

Armadillo Eggs

Take fresh jalapanos cut off ends and scrape out seeds

Fill jalapano with what ever type cheese you desire.

Completley wrap jalapano with jimmy dean sasuage covering all the pepper.(make sure you cover the end you filled with cheese real good)

Roll the armadillo egg in shake n bake covering all the sasuage

Put on baking sheet in oven at 325* for 45 minutes.

ENJOY.

From Richard Cope

DUCK NUGGETS
This came from GanderGunFolk Grub

Cut duck breast into nuggets
Wrap with half strip of bacon
Beat two eggs and 1/4 to 1/2 a can of beer together
Dip nugget in mixture
Coat nugget with favorite batter and seasoning
cook in peanut oil untill golden brown

*I am also thinking of adding a jalapano slice under bacon.

Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:18 pm
MMT F.E.

From SwampSnyper

Deer Sauce Piquant

In a seperate pot, put 2 cups of flour and add oil to make a roux. In a 8qt pot brown 2-3 pounds of cut deer meat and season with Tony's and garlic powder. Add 3-4 chopped onions and 3-4 chopped bellpeppers and one 10oz can of rotel and smother down. Then add roux, about 30 oz of tomato sauce, and 10 oz of cream of mushroom. Simmer till meat is tender. Add water, salt and peppers as needed.

Also can add deer sausage.

From Caleb

Seriously,

This is the same way I cook deer. Take duck breasts and rub with kosher salt, black pepper(fresh ground is always better) and garlic. Put in zip loc bag. Completly submerge in olive oil(extra virgin is best). Leave in fridge overnight(2 days if its divers). Grill medium rare to medium(no bacon!). Eat!
I did this with teal, blue bills, ringers and pintails and it does not taste like duck at all! The best ive ever had. I will never cook it anyother way. My wife even liked it.

Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:19 pm
MMT F.E.

From acm2117

I cooked this tonight. it is awesome!!!!!!!!

1/2 stick of butter
1 large onion, chopped fine
1 each red, yellow and green bell peppers, chopped fine
1 pound andouille sausage, diced
3 tablespoons of flour
1 cup of dry vermouth
1 cup of chicken broth
1 cup of half-and-half
2 cups of heavy whipping cream
1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
1 tablespoon of basil
1/2 tablespoon of oregano
1 cup of shredded jalapeno cheese
2 cups of quartered artichoke hearts
salt to taste

1. Melt butter in a large pot. Saute onion, peppers and adouille until the vegetables are tender and the sausage lightly browned.
2. Add flour. Cook five to eight minutes until a blond roux forms.
3. Stir in remaining ingredients and cook until thickened.

From quackconsumer1981

My own Cajun Dirty Rice

Dis is da ways to do it.
you will need:
1/2 lb. chicken hearts
1 qt. oysters (save da liquid they are pacaged in)
1 stick of butter
1 cup chopped onions
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopper bell pepper
3 tbsps minced garlic
6 cups of cooked rice
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1/4 cup chopped parsley
Tony's seasoning (or slap ya momma or any other similar type)

In medium pot simmer chicken hearts in lightly salted water until fully cooked. Then add oysters and continue to simmer for 5 to 8 minutes longer, remove from heat and let cool. Remove chicken and oysters from pot and mince real finely.(a food processor may be used but be carefull not to over do it). Next saute onions, celery, bell peppers, garlic, parsley, and green onions in butter unil soft. Then add your chicken and oyster mixture and saute for an additional 3 min. Next add 1/4 cup of the oyster liquid from store bought container (if you accidently dicgaurded chicken stock will work). Simmer for an additional 2 min. then remove from heat source. Combine cooked rice and veg. chicken, and oyster mixture in a large bowl and mix well, seasoning wit Tony's to taste.

Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:20 pm
MMT F.E.

From Caleb

46 pairs of frog legs (1 serving)
2 sticks of non-dairy butter (cause im allergic to dairy)
half a bottle of louisiana hot sauce

fry all legs dry at 225 degrees for 15-20 minutes

melt butter and mix with hot sauce

take legs and put in plastic bowl pour in all sauce
put top on bowl
shake
then sprinkle more hot sauce from the bottle on top of legs
eat

its so good youll want to slap your wife in the face for lookin at it wrong!

Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:21 pm
MMT F.E.

Deer Meat Cypress Inn Special

There's a restaurant on the river here in Tuscaloosa called Cypress Inn. Cool little locally owned establishment with a great view of the river. They have a dish called the Cypress Inn Special. I made it for dinner tonight with deer meat and thought that some of y'all might like to give it a go.

Make a good sized patty from ground deer meat, seasoning with Dale's, spices, salt & pepper - whatever floats your boat. Dice up a medium sized yellow onion. Put the patty (or patties if you are cooking for more than one) in a skillet along with the diced onions and cover. Cook over medium heat. You want to brown the patty all the way through, not skillet-fry it. The onions will cook down as well, making a bit of moisture in the skillet. Be sure to flip the patty to ensure even cooking.

While the patty is cooking, dice up a half of a green bell pepper and some tomatoes (I used 2 plum tomatoes). Also have a package of sliced mushrooms standing by (I used baby portobellos).

When the patty is nearly done, remove the cover to allow the moisture to cook out. Once the moisture is gone and the onions start to stick, remove the skillet from the heat and add the mushrooms, tomatoes, and bell peppers. Scrape off the top of the patty (still in the skillet) and cover it with shredded jack and chedder cheese. Replace the cover and keep it off the heat. The retained heat will melt the cheese in a couple of minutes, and it will just start to warm the veggies.

Once the cheese is melted, serve it up and enjoy. I had a side of brown rice with tonight's dinner.

Total prep & cook time was about 20 minutes.

Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:30 pm
MMT Pro Member

TGI Friday's Jack Daniels Sauce:

I tried several batches of this TGI sauce. Ended up modifying the amounts a little, this was fairly similar.

This made around 1 -2 cups end result:

1/2 cup diced red onion, 1/4" pieces
1 tsp fine diced garlic
2 cups water
2/3 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup lawry's teriyaki sauce w/pineapple juice
1/3 cup kikkoman original soy sauce
1 cup welch's white grape juice
1/2 cup bourbon , add more to taste....
1 tsp tobasco sauce

also tried a batch with the addition of:

1/4 cup orange juice
1/2 tsp black pepper
and it was my favorite so far. Plan to try pineapple juice instead of orange juice in the next go'round.

All batches were cooked until the onions were just right...... see through and non crispy,but not mushy, about 1 hour and 25 minutes, just below boiling in a tall 8" round pot (large saucepan reduced liquids to much).

Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:34 am
MMT Pro Member

Hey Capt how bout this Skwimp Ceviche?

Onion tops 1 bundle
white onions 2
purple onions 1
Bell pepper (whatever color) 1
Parsley 1 bundle
Celantro 1 bundle
Tomato 3 tomatoes (Cuz i like dem)
and lime juice about 2-3 cups

And put that in a tuper ware that has a good lid so you can shake it and flip it over.

2 lbs shrimp peeled and submerge in lemon juice over night.

Holy Moly! u got u self sum good boat food!

Thu May 28, 2009 12:57 pm
MMT Pro Member

Oh yeah i had another boat concoction.

Hows this for a loaded mashed potatoes.

Cut up and boil about 10 red potatoes.

once soft mash that up and add 2-3 sticks of butter.

In a skillet fry a pack of Bacon crumble and throw in the mashed potatoes.

In the left over bacon grease dice up 2 tomatoes 2 onions a little chopped garlic.

Brown that down till the onions are soft then throw in 2lbs peeled (LOUISIANA) Shrimp

Let that sautee till all the water comes out and the onions start to carmalize in that bacon grease.

Oh yeah add as many green onions as you like to taste.

Throw that skillet full of coonass greatness in those potatoes and look out!

Coonass Loaded Mashed Potatoes.

Thu May 28, 2009 4:03 pm
MMT Elite Member

HOMEMADE WINE:

This is the basic recipe and can be multiplied for larger batches.
Important note, at no time allow the wine to touch any metal. No metal spoon, pot, bowl, calander.
For every gallon of fruit (fruit must be cut up) use one gallon of water, five pounds of sugar, and one pack of yeast. Try to find wine yeast, regular yeast can be used but wine yeast will give you much better results.

Combine cut fruit, water, sugar, and yeast into one container with a lid or cover of some sort and stir once a day for 21 days.
After the 21 days pour thru a plastic calander to remove the fruit, and let sit for another 21 days stiring once a day.
After the second set of 21 days pour thru cheese cloth repeatedly until nothing is being filtered out.
Next let sit for two months (do not stir). This will allow any remaining sediment to settle to the bottom.
After the two month settle time, syphon the wine off the sediment layer and bottle it.
Allow you wine to age before drinkink it. the longer it ages the smoother it will get. However some tend to age quicker than others. Pear, plum, and muscudine seem to be drinkable quicker than the rest 6-12 months. the rest 12-36 months.

Also during this whole process use steril equipment.

Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:10 am
MMT 1000 Club

Fire Crackers

1 box of Saltine Crackers - (4 sleeves)
4/3 cup of Canola oil
1 Tbsp Red Pepper Flakes
1 Tbsp Cayenne Pepper
1 Packet dry ranch Dressing mix
1 2.5 gallon ZipLoc Bag

Directions
In the Ziploc bag add all of the ingredients except for the crackers.
Close up the ZipLoc Bag and mix ingredients well by shaking the bag.
Add all 4 sleeves of Saltine Crackers and close the bag.
Turn the bag over several times to coat crackers with the chile and oil mixture.
Let the bag rest for a couple of hours, turning the bag every 15 minutes or so.
If you can wait til the next day, they are even better. This is one you can make ahead of your party and it will keep really well

Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:03 am
MMT Elite Member

Olive Salad and Oysters

This is something for you olive lovers to try

Take some good olive salad combine with freshly shucked oysters,lemon juice,hot sauce,ketchup,and any other seasoning and spices that you like.Place in an air tight container and refridgerate for 4-6 hours,overnight is best.The oysters will pickle alittle and turn lighter in color.We do this on the fly so there are no set quanities.

We serve this cold at parties and get togethers with crackers or you can eat them with a fork if you like.People who love olives eat this chit up.When ever we serve it there are never any leftovers.

Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:00 am
MMT Elite Member

Jambalaya for 50

20 lbs of chicken leg quaters
10 lbs boston butt (cut into small bite size pieces)
10 lbs smoked sausage
3 lbs tasso
6 cups of chopped yellow onions
4 cups of chopped bell peppers
4 cups of chopped celery
1 cup of freshly chopped parsley
1 1/2 cups of minced garlic
1/2 cup of vegtable oil (I prefer bacon drippings)
1 5oz. bottle of Tabasco sauce
1 15 oz. bottle of worchestershire sauce
2oz. of kitchen bouquet browning sauce
10 lb. bag of longgrain rice
3 bunches of green onions
Tony Chachere's Seasoning
Case of Miller Lite (10 oz. cans)

Boil chicken in stock pot with just enough water to cover chicken quaters until done. *Drink a beer.* Remove chicken from water and pull the meat from the bones. Disgaurd bones, set meat aside, and save chicken stock. *Drink a beer.*
In a black iron jambalaya pot over a medium low fire pour in cooking oil and cut up boston butt. *Drink a beer* Once meat is browned add sausage, tasso, and chicken season generously with Tony Chachere's. Once well mixed and fully cooked remove meat and set aside. *Drink a beer* Sauttee all vegtable with the exception of green onions. Season vegtables well. *Drink a beer* Add meat back to the pot and mix well. Add Tabasco, worchestershire sauce, and kitcken bouquet, and 2-3 cups of water, cook on low fire for 20 min. stirring every 5 min. *Drink a beer* Measure out how many cups of rice you have then double that number and that is how many cups of water you need. Pour rice in then water (use chicken stock in place of water untill you run out of stock). Mix well then bring to a boil. *Drink a beer* Once the water comes to a boil reduce your fire too just enough to keep from going out cover and let sit for thirty min. *Drink a beer* Do not remove cover unless you like crunchy rice. Cutt off fire. Add chopped green onions and fold into mixture. Ready to serve. *Drink remainig beer at your pace*

Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:19 am
MMT Addict

Best goose recipe on the planet.

A man could get laid with this recipe alone. :D

Shoot some geese. I figure 2 legs for a chick, 4 for a man, 6 for a hongry mofo.

Pluck the legs and cut the bone right above where the feathers end. Pop the hip socket loose and separate. Brine the legs in sea salt or kosher salt and brown sugar overnight.

Get some butter going in a deep skillet that can be covered. Use a lot of butter. Sprinkle a dash of salt and half a clove of garlic peeled and mashed.
Cook the legs on fairly high heat but not enough to burn the skin. You are rendering the fat out of the skin. When you've done both sides remove all the legs and set on a paper towel.
Drop the heat way down on the pan and add some white whine. Scour the bottom of the pan to mix all that pot likker in with the wine. Add some portabello shrooms, shallots or vidalia onions or both. Cook them down a little. Keep stirring.
Add the legs back in and cover with wine and a cup of water.
Cover the dish and put on a low simmer for 2-3 hours.
The stock that you are making will be one of the best you've ever had. You can drain some off for soup.
You can also drain some off mix in some cooking sherry and heavy cream and make a fantastic sauce.
I pick the legs and serve over long grain rice and basmati.
Pour the cream sauce over top.

You can also serve it in a bowl with some white beans and call it a goose confit cassoulet if she's snooty. :lol:

Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:33 am
MMT Moderator

WestEndAngler's Mexican Spinach Dip

1 Pkg Frozen chopped Spinach thawed and squeezed dry
1 pkg Philadelphia Cream Cheese
1/2 onion chopped
2 to 3 pickled jalapenos chopped
1 T Chili Powder
Cumin
Garlic Powder
1/4 C Sour Cream
8 oz or more of Mexican Cheese Blend grated (I usually use a whole bag :D)

This is off the top of my head.....I never measure the amounts....just do it by taste. Place mixture in a oven safe bowl or dish. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until bubbly.

Serve with Frito Scoops or similiar chip.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:18 pm
Profile WWW
MMT 1000 Club

2 Cans Rotel (I use mild just as to have a little more control over the heat)
1 can Tomato Sauce
1 Small can Tomato Paste
2 Large Onions Chopped (More of Less if you like or dont like)
8 Cloves of Garlic Chopped (more or less if you like or dont like)
2 Small Cleaned Gumbo Crabs (just for flavor)
2 Tablespoons of Roux
A little bit of Olive Oil

I use all kind of seafood when I make this. I usually put 3-4 lbs of seafood in it, I have used Shrimp, Scallops, Lump Crab Meat and just about any kind of fish you could think of.

In a black iron pot (Magnalite or any pot with a good thick bottom) put a little bit of olive oil and turn on Med High. When oil gets hot add onions and garlic (you can add a bell pepper or celery if you like this. Im not a fan of either) and brown, While onions are browning drain the water out of the Rotel. When the onions get brown add the Rotel to the pot and cook it down till it just starts sticking a little bit and all the liquid is gone. Add the tomato sauce and tomato paste and stir in. Add about 48 oz of water and stir in,(if your using fresh shrimp save the shells and boil the **** out of em and use that water after straining the shells out) then add the crabs. (I break them in half) Bring to boil and add roux and seasoning of your choice (I use Tonys or somehting like that) Let cook for about 1-1/2 to 2 hours stiring regularly. Add your seafood of choice (if its fish try to not stir it to much as it will break the fish up. Just pick the pot up and rotate it right to left to stir) cook till fish or seafood is done. Usually about 20 or 30 mins.

Serve over rice.

Serves 4-6

Hope yall enjoy and BTW Redfish is FANTASTIC like this

Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:29 pm
MMT Pro Member

Stuffed Flounder

Of course.... 1 deboned flounder with skin and tail still intact but head and gut pocket removed.

Stuffing:
1 lb. fresh shrimp (peeled and chopped)
2 cups finely chopped onion
2 cup finely chopped Bell Pepper
1 cup finely chopped celery
4 tubes Ritz crackers
Tony's or whatever type spice you like.

Sautee the veggies and add a little spice to them as they cook. Remove from heat when they are soft and slightly browned. drain any liquid off.

Sautee the chopped shrimp in a little olive oil or butter until they are done. Drain any remaining liquid off.

In a big bowl crush all the ritz up leaving some in bigger chunks. Be sure to drain veggies and shrimp well before adding to crackers. It will turn to mush if you don't. Add in veggies and shrimp, a little cayenne and stir together.

Fold back the topside filet and fill cavity with stuffing. Fold top filets back over and bake at 350 for about an hour covered. Uncover and sprinkle a little spice over the top then back to the oven for 15 minutes or so till the top of the stuffing sticking out the center is a little crispy on top.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:26 pm
Profile WWW
MMT Member

Quick and easy Creamy Shrimp soup. :P

One can of cream of mushroom
One can of cream of celery
one pound of shrimp
One cup of trinity mix (onion,bell pepper, celery)
One stick of butter
One can of corn

Boil shrimp as you would normally with Zatarans, Louisiana or Chackbay crab boil seasonings. Salt water to taste. Remove shrimp from water when done but save it for stock. Melt your butter and add trinity mix cook down till onions are clear. Add your cream of mushroom, cream of celery and can of corn. Add the peeled shrimp and 2 cans of shrimp boil water (stock). Bring to a boil and its done. Great little soup add some crab meat for a little something extra.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:51 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Stew...I use venison, duck, or 3 lb chuck roast in a slow cooker

meat
6-8 red or yellow potatoes
1 onion
1.5 lbs of veggies - which ever you prefer load it up ( corn peas beans broccoli carrots mushrooms ect)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
12 hard shakes of worcheshire sauce
1/2 medium size bottle of thick franks red hot sauce (or more to your liking)
1 beef bullion cube and 16 oz of water

shredded cheese can be added to when served (Im from Wisconsin cheese goes good with everything hell I can sit down and eat a block of cheese for a snack)

cook on high for a few hours then turn it to low cook overnight

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]