It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 6:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 West was won on meat. Great weekend here in sc 
MMT Member

Post West was won on meat. Great weekend here in sc
Cooked a buffalo arm roast in the crock pot. Started this morning early. Extremely lean meat. Fatback had to get tossed in. Green beans and some shredded carrots, shrooms, onion, celery stalk and poured some saved broth in. Mix of rice and couscous with some chicken gravy. Yella ears came courtesy of my aunts place. She's busting at the seams with vegetables right now and I have been taking advantage.

Lunch time grub was needed because the buffalo wasn't till supper. Had a pound and a half of deer burger thawed and decided it was burger time. Stuffed the inside with some jalapeño and extra sharp cheddar I grated. Onion rolls toasted and a vidalia cut for more stinking breath. No need for a side here

While buffalo was cooking I had some necessary cleaning around the house to finish. Meanwhile pops came by and did some prep work for me in exchange for a gallon bag of peanuts I boiled last night. :) prepped food was cutting up the tomatoes, onions, garlic, cilantro, jalapeños. Took all that threw it in the cuisingetthejobdonequickart processor with a large bunch of cilantro. Salted down and stored for the year. Mother in law always gets a quart for the fish she bakes. She had some thawing and I told her I'd run some over.

Kids meanwhile were either playing in the creek or napping or bothering the dog lol. Photo op outside. Glad I had my phone w me. My youngest said he had the dog hunting w him and ducks were coming in... My man.

They wanted to head to gmas and she said she was all in for a sleepover. I slipped the indigo in the water at her place and ran my trot line real quick. My oldest came down to the dock and paddled out w me and we rebaited and cut a nasty softy loose. Youngest had to have a ride -three and mad- so he got paddled around the cove for twenty minutes.

Home! Make my plate and rest -with a book in the recliner in the man cave

Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:26 pm
MMT Super Elite Member

Post Re: West was won on meat. Great weekend here in sc
What?

“Wisdom is not just expertise. It is knowing how much of various areas of expertise you need to know in order to make the decisions that the world needs and that you want to do,” Columbia University President Lee Bollinger.

Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:33 pm
Profile WWW
MMT 1000 Club

Looks good.

Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:45 pm
MMT Member

Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:46 pm
MMT Super Elite Member

Looks good!

“Wisdom is not just expertise. It is knowing how much of various areas of expertise you need to know in order to make the decisions that the world needs and that you want to do,” Columbia University President Lee Bollinger.

Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:42 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]