It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 4:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Intersting Story 
MMT Pro Member

Post Intersting Story
Hopefully everyone is on close teams with their USPS mailman. I worked construction for 30+ years and being in the cold all the time is not easy. Also not fun is not having access to a bathroom as office workers have. My postman was as black as the back ground of this forum, yet I made nice. I wanted him to feel comfortable with my two Labs and that the younger one would take the mail out of his hand and bring it to me. Dead of winter and he finally asked if I could micro-wave his lunch.
A few days later he hands me some tupperware to nuke, I in turn tell him, NO, you come in and sit at the table and eat your lunch. Now understand I learned a lot from him, First off the USPS will hire someone with a green card, WTF I thought. Roy was Indian (no cowboys) and he started bringing lunch for me also a few times a week. Not a true Hindu as he loved Steaks and Scotch. He quizzed me on American History so he aced his naturalization test. I learned about Indian history and the strife Hindus have with Muslims going back century's. he knew about my military service and on occasion asked me a few questions. Two weeks after he became a citizen he informs me he joined the Army.
He was at that age, 34, and I knew basic would be a bitch. I asked his MOS and it turns out it might be Military Intelligence. Why because he was fluent in 4 languages and smart, He got though basic, got though a special 3 month school in Fla. and because of his grades kept him for another 6 month advanced school. Bottom line is he is now working in the black building at Fort Meed, Md.
Hell, I was an un-paid recruiter ha ha. Besides making sure he shot at some clays before he left for basic since he had never fired anything.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:50 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: Intersting Story
That's awesome!!

Not a fan of the b1 visa program plenty of folks here in the states need the work...

Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:13 pm
MMT Super Elite Member

11Bravo: if you gonna post a link to your life you ought to be prepared to explain this

“Wisdom is not just expertise. It is knowing how much of various areas of expertise you need to know in order to make the decisions that the world needs and that you want to do,” Columbia University President Lee Bollinger.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:33 pm
Profile WWW
MMT Elite Member

Yeah, speaking of interesting stories... :shock:

Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:14 pm
MMT Pro Member

Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:38 pm
MMT Super Elite Member

Bravo: Did you teach her to tig weld or did you use the rod?

“Wisdom is not just expertise. It is knowing how much of various areas of expertise you need to know in order to make the decisions that the world needs and that you want to do,” Columbia University President Lee Bollinger.

Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:46 pm
Profile WWW
MMT Elite Member

Bravo, before you answer that, remember two things: 1. Guidry likes to sue people. and 2. You already told us that you knew she was only 17 at the time. You can PM all of us the truth, just don't tell Guidry... :lol:

Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]