It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ] 
 Well Boys! 
MMT F.E.

Post Re: Well Boys!
Thank him for his sacrifice for us. All parents hate to see there children in harms way. Prayers sent to both of ya'll to be strong and safe.

Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:28 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Tim, I hope you feel honored as a parent to have a son who becomes a Marine. Thank you and your son. I know its got to be tough, but if you think about it you and him both show amazing character and values with his choice. Thanks again Tim and Matt!

A$$, Ca$h, or Ga$ -- NO FREE RIDES!!

Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:47 pm
Profile WWW
MMT Pro Member

Your mixed feelings are certianly understandable cutt.

One things for sure, you must have raised that boy right.

Thanks to people like Matt people like us can sit around and argue about who builds the best mudmotors and boats. :mrgreen:

Rob Olson
Delta Waterfowl President

Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:54 am
MMT 1000 Club

IMP

Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:49 am
MMT Pro Member

cutt thats great and for being scared , you cant go threw this worrying that will not help just make it worse on him you sound supportive that is awesome ... have to remember that they teach them guys to be survivers i have so many friends that were "are " marines and they all spent time over in irag and afganastan they all said do it all over again ...... and tell him thanks for me .............

Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:28 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Thanks fo sharin' that with us Tim. I am a Marine .... from the 70's ..... that and a buckfifty will git you a cup of coffee !!!!!

Tell him that I Love him ..... and You too ...... and I will always keep ya'lls in mines Prayers !!!!

That is all ...........

Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:47 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Wow, that is quite a change of venues. Wish Matt the best.

Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:03 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Location: Unaffiliated, SETX group has caused me to renounce my Texas Citizenship
Once a Marine Always a Marine.

Semper Fi

Here you Tim

http://www.oo-rah.com/store/editorial/edi52.asp

Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:18 am
MMT Pro Member

Wow! Chasin Co-eds to chasin Towel heads. BIG CHANGE! Hope all goes well for him! Tell him congrats ....... and Thank you! :)

Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:38 pm
MMT Moderator

I can tell you all kinds of stories about basic training. When you see him in his dress blues uniform on graduation day you will be the happiest parent in the world if you can recognize him.

Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:54 pm
MMT Addict

Good to hear. I can only imagine how proud/scared you are. IMP!

1840 gator tail with 35GTR
15xx Bateau with 15 honda

Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:57 pm
MMT Moderator

make sure he knows who Chesty Puller is

Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:46 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Location: Unaffiliated, SETX group has caused me to renounce my Texas Citizenship

Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:25 am
MMT Pro Member

Wow Tim, just found this thread. Tell Matt that I'm proud of him and wish him the best as he serves his Country.

Kudos to you on raisin' that boy right. Prayers from the bombdude house to both of y'all.

Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:57 am
MMT Addict

Tim, please stand behind your boy 100% even though it is one of the hardest things to do at the moment.My father and mom threw a fit and did not talk to me for a whole year and din't attend my gradutation while I was gone even though he retired with 30 years in the OLD SCHOOL army.When I returned home on leave after a 1 1/2 years (by choise) with a my ranger tab and airbourne patches It was the proudest day in my life.I finall felt that I had acomplished sompething in life. From what i have already heard he has good head on his shoulders and is already a man. So please support him.He will learn things that no school will ever be able to teach someone on how to deal with things in life.

Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:20 pm
MMT Addict

Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:24 pm
MMT Pro Member

You should be proud you raised a good man, I spent four years in the Navy working close to a few Marines, They always had your back in tight situations. We would rib each other pretty good but we worked as one when it counted.

Bad spellers of the world untie!!!!!

Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:22 pm
MMT Pro Member

Does he have an MOS yet??

Bad spellers of the world untie!!!!!

Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:24 pm
MMT Moderator

Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:43 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Ok, just checking.

Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:29 am
(I know he'll make a good soldier) marines are not soldiers their MARINES SOLDIERS ARE IN THE ARMY .just as well army digs fox holes and marines dig fighting holes.being in the marines for 8 years was the best thing i've ever done ..it payed for college and still to this day opens doors of opportunity all the time ..he will be part of a brother hood that is different than any other ..and be proud to wear the eagle globe and anchor.you'll be proud of him as well .it will be a pathway way to many things including man hood ..so Tim just relax he's on his way to greater things .when he graduates from bootcamp he will be different but in all the right ways.i know as a father you've protected him his whole life from harm and its hard to accept that he will posibly be in harms way . good luck to you and to your son..dont forget the Marines are a department of the Navy (THE MEN'S DEPARTMENT)
if you havent seen it, rent FULL METAL JACKET one of the best first halves of a movie that depicts the spirit de corps
SEMPER FI

Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:46 pm
MMT Member

hey cutt down. I talked to you on mmt radio. From what i understand im just down the road from you. The last time I deployed I deployed with Kilo Co 3/23 they are based out of Memphis so i got a lot of good friends that are marines out your way. PM me sometime if you got any ?s i know i might be a little late but ive been in the Corps for 6yrs. So i can answer alot of questions concerning the U.S. Marine Corps.

Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:12 pm
MMT Pro Member

God Bless you and your son. I never served but i was an air force brat till i was seventeen and i even learned some. It is a great world out their i look back on alot of things i would have never seen if my dad hadent made the same choice as you son.

Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:06 pm
MMT Member

Your son will learn "life lessons" in those 13weeks that it takes most people a lifetime to learn. He is well on his way to becoming part of a "Band of Brothers". Tell him to keep his eyes open and his mouth shut and he will have no problems in boot. Give him an "ooh rah" for me when he graduates.

Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:33 pm
MMT Member

Tim-

I just read this thread and hope all is well. Just wanted to check in and give you my support as well. I know how proud you are of him and it takes a lot for him to make the decision he did. Tells a lot about his charictor and about how you raised him. You should be proud for sure!

I was never in the forces but have nothing but respect for those that are and am thankful for all they do to keep me and this country safe!

I may be headin your way this summer to see JP and I will give you a shout if we do.

Fri May 01, 2009 7:37 am
MMT Member

Matt seems to be getting the right frame of mind for the challenges he is about to encounter. I think he will do fine! That's why we are: the few, the proud, the MARINES!!!
It is hard to believe that I joined the USMC 39 years ago (for four years), but I still breathe and believe in the Corps values.
I can assure you that you will be proud of Matt's accomplishments and also the change it will bring to his lifestyle. I hope he receives a military occupational specialty (MOS) that he desires.
It is always good to hear about new recruits as gung-ho as Matt wanting to be a part of the world's finest! Just tell him to keep his mouth shut, and his ears open and he will do OK. This is advice a Gunnery Sergeant told me before I left for boot camp and he was absolutely correct.
Good luck and SEMPER FI!!!
OOOOO-RAH!!!!!

Fri May 01, 2009 8:08 pm
MMT Member

Congrats on a son you can be proud of. I Know hard it can be on parents seeing sons off in times of war. I enlisted during Nam and can still see the look on my mothers face.

Thu May 07, 2009 4:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]