It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 3:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ] 
 Illegal Immigrants 
MMT Addict

Post Illegal Immigrants
I was just curious if any of you felt the same way or what your take is on this. This was brought to my attention because my fiancée teaches kindergarten at a school in north alabama and has a class that has 17(not trying to sterotype, just stating a fact) mexicans in it. Not to mention mexican restaurants are popping up daily on every corner. The majority of these kids dont speak a lick of english and dealing with there parents is like talking to a brick wall. The teachers are forced to learn spanish and go out of there way to print things in spanish just so they can give the kids an education. Hell even the state drivers license test is offered in spanish. Now im not saying to go out and deny someone an education, but if your trying to get an education in a country then you should have to know the language because after all our native language is english. These illegal immigrants come over and have multiple kids in the united states, these kids are automatically U.S. citizens and judges typically will not deport the illegals because they do not want to seperate the child from its family. I find this absurd and think that this policy needs to be reviewed and changed. The mexican male goes to work under the table(for money that isnt taxed) and then we have to support him, his wife, and the 8 kids they have with our tax dollars all because were scared of hurting someones feelings. I think the parents and the kids of the parents all should be deported. Some people may argue that they do the work that others wont do, I find this complete BS because if something needs to be done then somebody will pay to have it done no matter what. Not to mention they are putting the average working man out of a job and then more tax dollars are going to support him and his family on welfare. Were so worried about giving someone an opportunity that we forget about what our needs are and the stability of this country. If we dont start deporting illegals and take this seriously then are problems are going to get worse in years coming.
Just had to vent a little.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:51 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: Illegal Immigrants
Welcome to the new USA.... It wont be long we will all be speaking Chinese...

Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:17 pm
MMT 1000 Club

They understand when they want to understand, we need a tax system where u pay when you spend, not when u earn, this will make everyone pay.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:06 pm
MMT Sponsor

que?

Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:25 pm
Profile WWW
MMT Pro Member

I have been thinking we may see a reduction in immigration traffic if we lowered minimum wage to make legal workers more competitive. What do you guys think?

Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:37 pm
MMT Addict

Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:29 pm
MMT Super Elite Member

There are 10 distinct languages in China! Oh my how do they do it?

My niece is studying Chinese. My wife has been twice. Damn impressive country, for the most part.

“Wisdom is not just expertise. It is knowing how much of various areas of expertise you need to know in order to make the decisions that the world needs and that you want to do,” Columbia University President Lee Bollinger.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:47 pm
Profile WWW
MMT Sponsor

Of course Dguidry would Know it all

Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:51 pm
MMT Addict

Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:00 pm
MMT Pro Member

I guess the real question is who is paying them under the table? They are the ones ruining this country. If nobody hired them, they wouldn't be here :evil:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:20 pm
MMT Pro Member

Ok guys, lets address that "paid under the table" issue.....

First off, why do illegals get paid under the table? Its an easy concept to understand, so that they aren't reported right? Its also beneficial to the employer to pay an unreported worker because the illegal will take alot less than $7.25 an hour to have a job. This creates a a dual incentive that isn't good for anyone in the economy except the two that are involved (and one could argue that its not good for them either.) While this goes on, the legal American that is unemployed is disadvantaged in the job market because he has to get paid minimum wage. If you are an employer are you not going to pay for the cheaper labor? Especially when hard times come?

So heres the question......why not get rid of minimum wage? It would make the legal American just as competitive with the illegal and ends the incentive for over- border dwellers to come take advantage of the system.

This is just a theory that has been bouncing around in my head, but i think it could work. Even if you limited it to certain industries to target this problem specifically. Price floors and ceilings (and thats all minimum wage is, a price floor on labor) have never benefited anyone.

*In short, without a minimum wage, under the table payments would go away because there would be no need*

Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:52 pm
MMT Sponsor

I have no problem with illegal immigrants, I think every body should have one.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:04 pm
Profile WWW
MMT Addict

Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:41 pm
MMT Addict

Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:53 pm
MMT Pro Member

We had one town up here, had a meat packing plants, and the town was being over run with illegals. The town put on the ballot to make it illegal to hire or rent property to illegals. It passed by the vote of the people, but the ACLU already said they will take the town to court to block it.
The town is Fremont Ne. you can google for more details. There are many meatpacking plants around here, if INS does raids, it is usually announced. They did one in IA, and they had some women they picked up, but didn't keep them because they had small children at home they had to take care of. If it was a white woman picked up for a crime, they wouldn't let them go.
Everybody talks about white trash on welfafe? how many tax dollars are going to illegals???
medical, schools, welfare, housing, jobs??? And it IS the buisness man screwing the taxpayer!!!
Now do away with the minimum wage? :?: Doesn't make any since :?:

Why would you want to make it ok for an illegal to work? I'm sure they can find some browns to run those oil rigs at $5 an hour. would that be ok with you all?? just sayin!!

Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:32 am
MMT Moderator

Es importante que hablar dos línguas

Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:56 am
Profile WWW
MMT 1000 Club

Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:35 am
Profile WWW
MMT 1000 Club

Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:18 am
MMT Elite Member

Landmines and Machine Gun Bunkers on the US / Mexico border would solve the issue. Look at South Korea, they don't have a illegal immigration problem.

Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:02 am
MMT Pro Member

First off the one's that are opening up restaurants are legal, in one form or another they all have to get business liscenses and go through the same health department regs as all other reasturants. You find most of the illegals doing everyones shyt jobs that you would have to pay a nig 12$ an hour to do. Weve had our fair share of **** working for us esp when we were in the seigning/catfish hatchery business. If you've ever had to deal with em you know the constant asking for money and never showing up on time but the main reason we use mexicans is for one thing TRUST. A real illegal can't get the welfare that the other 'race" can get (and I'm not talking about education). The mexs that are really here to work are the ones thats family is still in Mexico they don't have kids here. We pay our mexicans 8$ an hour an I would trust them with my life. Hell my grandad went back to Mexico with one of ours last year and met his daughter with polio. But the reason we work mexicans is bc you cant trust a nig. It's just as simple as that.

Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:09 am
MMT Pro Member

I drive a Godevil and don't give a shit about your message!!!

MeatWagon
GoDevil 35 Surface Drive on a 13x60 MaxCraft AIRBOAT HULL!

Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:57 am
MMT Addict

Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:53 pm
MMT Pro Member

Thank you for proving my point!

" And that is the reason we have a problem with them here. Yes we know that the ones opening the restaurants are legal. Read above. Because people pay them to work instead of giving americans who are jobless a job. So what if its gona cost a little more to pay someone whos LEGAL to do the job. Our country did fine doing this for years. Its all about someone being selfish and trying to find cheaper work and not giving 2 shits less about the stability of our country. And as far as the familys go thats bs because they come over here and have a kid just so the judges will have pity on them and not deport them. They should just go about it the LEGAL and CORRECT way instead of sneaking over. Heres a thought for you if illegal immigrants keep coming over at the rate they are then by 2021 there will be more hispanics in our country than white/caucasians. Now look at mexico and look at mexico, would you want the U.S. too become like the butthole of america? If so then just move on down to mexico and take your illegals with you. it may not happen in our lifetime but your damn kids and grand kids are gona have alot of shit to deal with."

In free market economics, those that have the price closest to the market equilibrium (the point where the demand and supply meet and determine the best price for a certain type of labor) will end up with the worker. Since the minimum wage inflates the legal workers wage to a minimum that has to be met by an employer, it harms the legal workers competitiveness in the labor market. In short, employers typically hire the illegals because they will take less money, don't report their wages (therefore the employer does not need to pay for payroll services or insurance on said worker), and they are better skilled than the legal worker because of how long this has been occurring.

Below are some youtube links that will shed some light on both immigration and the minimum wage. The man talking in the video is Milton Friedman, one of the highest regarded economist of all time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6e8Pa6- ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySIz4mV5Ccs

Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:36 pm
MMT 1000 Club

For the record, I am not saying anyone can't come to the US. Just don't come till all your papers are right. That is why we have laws.
I have work with many different ethnic groups. Mexicans and Asians are hard workers.
Have you ever seen a house built by a crew of Mexicans. They are fast, don't waste time and use a hell of a lot of nails. I've seen them roof a 1800sq ft house in 1 day.

However, they also need to be paying for everything that I have to pay for. They are no better than me or you when it comes to paying their share of taxes.

My problem is with everyone that comse to the US and uses services that are paid for by taxpayers. I still say a Fed Sales Tax is the best way to go no matter what. That way EVERYONE that buys anything pays into the system.

Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:29 pm
Profile WWW
MMT Elite Member

Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:32 pm
MMT Pro Member

Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:17 pm
MMT Super Elite Member

As of about 3 months ago the house next to me was sold, last week i came home to my basketball goal bent backwards and broke, the next day i came home and i noticed a huge Oily spot on my BRAND NEW FENCE. So i went next door study the cars and come to find out that car hit my goal and the oil was changed on it....so i look in the backyard and it looked like they just pulled the oil pan plug and let it drain to the slab and what they did catch they poured down the side of my fence. SO i confronted One of them and come to find out i can't hardly understand him and comences to telling me that there are 5 of them living in a single family home and paying rent per room and 75 dollars a week. REALLY!!!! So he lies to me and says he dont know what happened to my stuff and i show him how i know it was him and then he says, " i pay i pay how much for goal i pay, going back to mexico next week." i almost mowed him down right there in my front yard.

I never had a problem with them till i found oujt the facts and especially when you start tearing my stuff up that i worked my ass off for. So by this time i'm pissed about the whole situation cause not only are they breaking the law about living in a single family residence but you ruined my fence, ran over my goal, don't cutt your grass, could care less what the house looks like, and drains oil to the ground, park their shitty arse cars in the front yard on the grass, but the little shits are going back to mexico cause the damn rent is to high...

YOUR FREAKING ILLEGAL AND YUO"VE BEEN DEPORTED TWICE....make yourself legal and live like a normal person.

Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:14 pm
MMT Elite Member

Hold Up........ You have a basketball goal? I thought only tall people and blacks played that sport?

Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:22 pm
MMT Super Elite Member

Got Damn it JC.....just pulled the rug right out from under me again hahahahahahah

Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:23 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:22 am
Profile WWW
MMT Pro Member

Wad, I never said anything about the cost, hell we pay them more than most whites make. The reason we work mexicans is because they are actually appreciative of what the earn and arent constantly trying to screw you. Weve been the other route and it's not nearly as simple as you think. Come on down and run a band saw for 12 hours a day and I'll pay you your 8 bucks an hour! It's just a little bit different from throwing 7th graders batting practice! As for the population we are probably already outnumbered, how do you count someone who is'nt accounted? But yea they should definitely pay taxes just like everyone else.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:50 am
MMT Addict

Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:58 am
MMT Pro Member

Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:36 am
MMT Pro Member

Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:32 pm
MMT Sponsor

Owner
DEEP SOUTH CUSTOM BOATS (225) 252-2700

Good boats ain't cheap, Cheap boats ain't good!

Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:18 pm
MMT Pro Member

I moved here from S Fl, the bleedin hearts who say let them stay, they'll integrate eventually etc need to go to Miami or hell, go to most of S fl from Tampa down on both coasts. Spanish is becomin the dominate language and you will catch attitude from them if you don't try to speak it. They make little or no effort to learn English because "they don't have to" in their words because there's so many spanish down there. Thats the future for the rest of the country if we let it happen, they send money back to families in their native countries and basically leech us dry economically. When the housin bubble burst a lot of them went back and with as much stuff as they could take with them whether it was paid off or not. I'm talkin trucks, boats, you name it. Who do you think gets stuck with that bill ultimately? I promise you the finance companies will get that money via higher rates to us honest people that play by the rules. Sad thing is the ones that rip off our system that way will just come back under a new name and do it all over again. :evil:

Beavertail Predator LT/17' alum vee total mismatch but ya use what ya gots

Tue May 03, 2011 9:31 am
MMT 1000 Club

I bet the guy paying illegals cash money ain't no cheaper than anybody else running a legit business.....

Tue May 03, 2011 10:17 am
MMT Pro Member

Let me guess tax your small business is based on a government program ie taxes? Your so called taxes that help out the working man screws the guy actually trying to run a small business in this country,let me guess you've never had to compete with chinese basa in the catfish industry when it's not even a catfish? When you ve a Walmart down the road selling some shit eating fish called a basa for $2 less a pound and calling it catfish bc the chinese fish are taxedfar less than it takes to grow a farm raised American catfish does that sound like it helps the small business? Visit Scuba,Mississippi and ask the catfish farmers there. Yea outsourced labor is killing alot of the lower class but its the whole work force that is being depleted by outsourcing products , think if all these goods were actually produced in the US. Its the down fall of the free enterprise system that is actually hurting this country. We actually just opened a restaurant that only sales American quality products. Follow us on facebook "Cedar Point" Clayton, AL.
--Excuse the grammar, I'm running late for my final.

Tue May 03, 2011 12:18 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Congrats on the "American products only"restaurant. A lot of people choose to buy American only when possible, however is not possible 100% of the time. Last time I ordered an American Flag the ones made outside of united states were half the price of the ones make in the US, I choose the US made, it wouldn't make much sence buying an American Flag made outside of the US, a lot of people don't even pay attention to that kind of stuff.

Tue May 03, 2011 12:30 pm
MMT Pro Member

Same kind of shit happened close to where I live. Teachers refused to learn Spanish and they school tried laying them off. They called the local KKK and they defended them in court and won. That's all that I know abouit the story.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]