It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 The Hillary Thread 
MMT Super Elite Member

Post Re: The Hillary Thread
If I earned $125k every time I made a post on MMT I'd keep posting too. Bill Clinton is a brilliant businessman.

“Wisdom is not just expertise. It is knowing how much of various areas of expertise you need to know in order to make the decisions that the world needs and that you want to do,” Columbia University President Lee Bollinger.

Tue May 12, 2015 6:46 am
Profile WWW
MMT 1000 Club

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
- Mark Twain

Tue May 12, 2015 6:58 am
MMT Addict

Have some sympathy for Bill. Look what he has to see nude everyday. Even worse, he has to sleep with her.
Just imagine coming home from a long day of cheating taxpayers out of millions of dollars, looking for a little loving, and finding Hillary lying on the bed naked as the day she was born. I'd go back to my office. Hell, if you looked at that too long you might turn gay.
So have some sympathy for old Bill. Don't vote for his wife though.

Tue May 12, 2015 8:13 am
MMT F.E.

Tue May 12, 2015 9:07 am
MMT 1000 Club

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
- Mark Twain

Tue May 12, 2015 11:17 am
MMT 1000 Club

Tue May 12, 2015 12:36 pm
MMT Elite Member

"It is good to have an end to journey toward; but
it is the journey that matters, in the end."

Tue May 12, 2015 7:10 pm
MMT Elite Member

WASHINGTON — CLINTON nostalgia is being replaced by Clinton neuralgia.

Why is it that America’s roil family always seems better in abstract than in concrete? The closer it gets to running the world once more, the more you are reminded of all the things that bugged you the last time around.

The Clintons’ neediness, their sense of what they are owed in material terms for their public service, their assumption that they’re entitled to everyone’s money.

Are we about to put the “For Rent” sign back on the Lincoln Bedroom?

If Americans are worried about money in politics, there is no larger concern than the Clintons, who are cosseted in a world where rich people endlessly scratch the backs of rich people.

Hillary Rodham Clinton speaking at an American Bar Association meeting in San Francisco on Monday.Unease at Clinton Foundation Over Finances and AmbitionsAUG. 13, 2013
They have a Wile E. Coyote problem; something is always blowing up. Just when the Clintons are supposed to be floating above it all, on a dignified cloud of do-gooding leading into 2016, pop-pop-pop, little explosions go off everywhere, reminding us of the troubling connections and values they drag around.

There’s the continuing grotesque spectacle of Anthony Weiner and Huma Abedin. And there’s the sketchy involvement of the Clintons’ most prolific fund-raiser, Terry McAuliffe, and Hillary’s brother Tony Rodham in a venture, GreenTech Automotive; it’s under federal investigation and causing fireworks in Virginia, where McAuliffe is running for governor.

Many Israelis were disgusted to learn that Bill Clinton was originally scheduled to scarf up $500,000 to speak at the Israeli president Shimon Peres’s 90th birthday festivities in June. I guess being good friends with Peres and brokering the accord that won Peres the Nobel Peace Prize were not reasons enough for Bill to celebrate. The Israeli branch of the Jewish National Fund had agreed to donate half a mil to the Clinton foundation. Isn’t the J.N.F. “supposed to plant trees with donor cash?” Haaretz chided before the fund pulled back. “I guess money does grow on trees.”

I never thought I’d have to read the words Ira Magaziner again. But the man who helped Hillary torpedo her own health care plan is back.

In a Times article last week headlined “Unease at Clinton Foundation Over Finances and Ambitions,” Nicholas Confessore and Amy Chozick offered a compelling chronicle about an internal review of the rechristened Bill, Hillary & Chelsea Clinton Foundation that illuminated the fungible finances and tensions between Clinton loyalists and the foundation architects Magaziner and Doug Band, former bag carrier for President Clinton.

You never hear about problems with Jimmy Carter’s foundation; he just quietly goes around the world eradicating Guinea worm disease. But Magaziner continues to be a Gyro Gearloose, the inept inventor of Donald Duck’s Duckburg.

“On one occasion, Mr. Magaziner dispatched a team of employees to fly around the world for months gathering ideas for a climate change proposal that never got off the ground,” Confessore and Chozick said.

We are supposed to believe that every dollar given to a Clinton is a dollar that improves the world. But is it? Clintonworld is a galaxy where personal enrichment and political advancement blend seamlessly, and where a cast of jarringly familiar characters pad their pockets every which way to Sunday.

“Efforts to insulate the foundation from potential conflicts have highlighted just how difficult it can be to disentangle the Clintons’ charity work from Mr. Clinton’s moneymaking ventures and Mrs. Clinton’s political future,” Confessore and Chozick wrote.

The most egregious nest of conflicts was a firm founded by Doug Band called Teneo, a scammy blend of corporate consulting, public relations and merchant banking. Band, a surrogate son to Bill, put Huma, a surrogate daughter to Hillary, on the payroll. Even Big Daddy Bill was a paid adviser.

As The Times reported, Teneo worked on retainer, charging monthly fees up to $250,000 and recruiting clients from among Clinton Foundation donors, while encouraging others to become foundation donors. The Clintons distanced themselves from Teneo when they got scorched with bad publicity after the collapse of its client MF Global, the international brokerage firm led by the former New Jersey governor Jon Corzine.

And Chelsea is now shaping the foundation’s future, and her political future. So there may not be as much oxygen for her troublesome surrogate siblings.

As George Packer wrote in The New Yorker, Bill Clinton earned $17 million last year giving speeches, including one to a Lagos company for $700,000. Hillary gets $200,000 a speech.

Until Harry Truman wrote his memoirs, the ex-president struggled on an Army pension of $112.56 a month. “I could never lend myself to any transaction, however respectable,” he said, “that would commercialize on the prestige and dignity of the office of the presidency.”

So quaint, Packer wrote, observing, “The top of American life has become a very cozy and lucrative place, where the social capital of who you are and who you know brings unimaginable returns.”

The Clintons want to do big worthy things, but they also want to squeeze money from rich people wherever they live on planet Earth, insatiably gobbling up cash for politics and charity and themselves from the same incestuous swirl.

Wed May 13, 2015 7:49 pm
MMT Elite Member

She hasn't spoken to the press in three weeks. Seems as though she doesn't want to answer any hard questions. Wonder what that donkey is hiding?

Wed May 13, 2015 8:14 pm
MMT Super Elite Member

“Wisdom is not just expertise. It is knowing how much of various areas of expertise you need to know in order to make the decisions that the world needs and that you want to do,” Columbia University President Lee Bollinger.

Wed May 13, 2015 8:53 pm
Profile WWW
MMT Elite Member

Wed May 13, 2015 9:05 pm
MMT Super Elite Member

As a young man I would not have passed up the opportunity at 2 am. :lol:

image.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed May 13, 2015 9:24 pm
Profile WWW
MMT 1000 Club

She wasn't even cute back then. I guess tastes differ person to person.

Wed May 13, 2015 9:35 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Thu May 14, 2015 5:55 am
MMT F.E.

Thu May 14, 2015 6:37 am
MMT 1000 Club

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/201 ... 07120.html

"ABC News chief anchor George Stephanopoulos has given $50,000 to the Clinton Foundation in recent years, charitable contributions that he did not publicly disclose while reporting on the Clintons or their non-profit organization, the On Media blog has learned"

The majority of our media is in bed with the Democrat party.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gator Tail XD 37 EFI -Delta Performance Level 3

Thu May 14, 2015 8:14 am
MMT Addict

Thu May 14, 2015 9:54 am
MMT Super Elite Member

Thu May 14, 2015 10:10 am
Profile WWW
MMT Addict

Thu May 14, 2015 10:15 am
MMT Addict

Thu May 14, 2015 7:08 pm
MMT 1000 Club

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/1 ... 85094.html

From the article “It Took A Week, But Jeb Bush Finally Acknowledges That Invading Iraq Was A Mistake”

How interesting. Jeb Bush never voted for war in Iraq, but the left wing media is going after him about Iraq. Is it not ironic that they remain silent on the fact that Hillary actually supported war in Iraq, and voted for it as a US senator?

Hillary stated “If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program. We want to seriously reduce his capacity to threaten his neighbors.

I am quite confident, from the briefing I have just received from our military leaders, that we can achieve the objective and secure our vital strategic interests”

Thu May 14, 2015 8:37 pm
MMT F.E.

Rangerp,

The liberals hate facts, logic, rational thinking....

Fri May 15, 2015 6:25 am
MMT Addict

You can say that again.

Fri May 15, 2015 2:29 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Hind site 20 20 if Saddam was still running Iraq we wouldn't be Fucking with ISIS and Iran wouldn't be flexing so much muscle just my 2 cents sometime it's better to let a asshole run a shit hole

- Mark Twain

Fri May 15, 2015 2:50 pm
MMT Elite Member

The Rodham Trio

Hillary Clinton's brothers could cause major problems for her presidential campaign
Business Insider By Colin Campbell and Hunter Walker
14 hours ago

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's two brothers, Tony and Hugh Rodham, could be a problem for her presidential campaign. Over the years, the pair has been at the center of multiple controversies for their business dealings and Republicans are already using them to attack Clinton.
One aide for a rival 2016 campaign told Business Insider that Clinton's brothers will definitely cause issues for her White House bid.

"Will they be a problem? Yes. They underscore everything that people fear and hate about the Clintons," the aide said. "They're essentially the id of Bill and Hillary Clinton. A bunch of money-grubbing and opportunistic hillbillies with no sense of ethics, decency, or even legality."

Indeed, while Hugh Rodham has yet to make headlines this cycle, last weekend, the New York Times published a story delving into Clinton's youngest brother, Tony Rodham. The paper reported he had repeatedly tried to profit from his connection to the former first family.

The newspaper pointed to a wide range of Tony Rodham's business activities including a Haitian gold mining venture and speeches he gave before Chinese investor conferences and a California cosmetics company.

"The connections to the Clintons have given Mr. Rodham, a self-described 'facilitator,' a unique appeal and a range of opportunities," The Times' Steve Eder wrote. "But his business dealings have often invited public scrutiny and uncomfortable questions for the Clintons."

Earlier this year, Tony Rodham was linked to alleged political favors in a report published by the Department of Homeland Security's investigator general. The report criticized a top DHS employee for appearing to go out of his way in 2010 and 2011 to assist "a politically connected regional center," where Tony was listed as the CEO.

The Times cited several other instances where Tony Rodham had tried to use his influence. After the devastating 2010 earthquake in Haiti, former President Bill Clinton helped lead the recovery commission. According to the paper, Tony pressured his brother-in-law for funds. Tony himself reportedly discussed the arrangement in court proceedings that "were the result of a lawsuit over unpaid legal bills filed by his lawyer in a child support case."

"I deal through the Clinton Foundation. That gets me in touch with the Haitian officials," Tony said. "I hound my brother-in-law, because it's his fund that we're going to get our money from. ... And he keeps telling me, 'Oh, it's going to happen tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow.' Well, tomorrow hasn’t come yet."

Both Bill Clinton's office and the Clinton Foundation told The Times that they never helped Tony Rodham with the project, which ultimately never moved forward. However, it does appear Bill Clinton has been willing to help Rodham out with his finances. In the same court proceeding, Rodham reportedly discussed getting help landing a $72,000-a-year job at a company owned by now Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D), a longtime Clinton ally.

"I was complaining to my brother-in-law I didn’t have any money. And he asked McAuliffe to give me a job," Rodham was quoted saying, adding that the job wasn't enough to pay his bills. "It's kind of like the job he got me a long time ago when I worked in the prison."

In a phone conversation on Wednesday, Business Insider asked Tony Rodham whether he was concerned controversies about his various ventures could become an issue in his sister's campaign.

"I'm not going to talk about that," he said before hanging up.

Clinton campaign spokesman Nick Merrill sent a statement to Business Insider saying Clinton "loves" her brothers. While Merrill acknowledged Hugh and Tony Rodham have had their "ups and downs," he said it would be up to them to decide whether they want to address questions about their lives that could come up in the context of her White House bid.

"She loves her family more than anything. Her brothers have always been there for her, and she will always be there for them. Each though have their own lives, their own jobs, their own ups and downs. It is for them to decide how much of their private lives to share publicly in the context of their sister's campaign," Merrill said.

Still, Clinton's rivals are clearly willing to use her brothers against her. Republicans quickly pounced on The Times' story on Tony Rodham. The national GOP forwarded the article to reporters on Monday morning along with a statement attempting to link Tony to questions about Clinton's personal finances.

"The New York Times delves into Tony Rodham’s practice using the family name to secure controversial business deals as a 'facilitator,'" wrote Raj Shah, a spokesman for the Republican National Committee. "This comes amid scrutiny of Bill Clinton’s six-figure speaking fees, controversial foreign donations to the Clinton Foundation and other eyebrow raising money making endeavors to 'pay our bills.'"

And Tony Rodham isn't the only one of Clinton's siblings who could invite unwanted scrutiny during her White House bid.

Hugh Rodham, the middle sibling, was once described as the "the Billy Carter of the Clinton administration" for a pair of controversies caused by his business ventures.
In one instance, Hugh, who is often called "Hughie," accepted $400,000 in fees from two felons who were issued pardons by President Bill Clinton. The second issue involved a business venture Hugh and Tony were both reportedly involved in along with a Russian-backed political boss who was a rival to the US-allied government in Georgia. According to the New York Times, President Clinton's national security adviser asked the brothers to back out of this venture, which the paper described as having "caused trouble for US foreign policy."

Apart from his business dealings, Hugh's conduct during visits to the White House was allegedly unbecoming. According to "For Love of Politics," an account of the Clinton presidency written by author Sally Bedell Smith, Hugh Rodham treated the White House "like a dorm." Smith quoted Ann McCoy, a longtime friend of the Clinton's, describing Hugh's behavior.

"Hughie would show up in the worst outfits. … He would be wearing shorts with golf balls on them and a T-shirt. He would sit in the Solarium, and Hillary wouldn't bat an eyelash. People would come all dressed up for dinner, and Hughie would waddle up in his shorts and fall asleep," McCoy was quoted saying.

Hugh Rodham has also tried his hand in the media. During the Clinton administration, he hosted a radio show. More recently, Hugh seems to have tried to revive his media career and some of what he had to say would be decidedly off message for the Clinton campaign. A promotion for an unspecified "radio program" that was posted on YouTube in 2012 features Hugh blasting President Barack Obama, who had Hillary Clinton in his Cabinet at the time. In the clip, Hugh discusses the 2012 election.

"The new radio program that you’re about to listen to, which is on the internet streaming live will tell you, the voters, the unvarnished truth. Let me tell you what’s the importance of this election. If you’re unhappy with the no jobs policy the weak economy and all the rest of the things that the current administration provided you in the last four years and are unhappy with what the challengers have to say then we will try to get down to the nitty gritty of what’s important and what’s important is how you perceive your role as an American," he says.

During Bill Clinton's presidency, Hugh also attempted to launch his own political career by challenging former Republican Senator Connie Mack in Florida. Hugh lost that race and along the way he was reportedly accused of campaign finance violations and forced to admit he had a spotty voting record. The Orlando Sentinel quoted one anonymous "leading state Democrat" describing Hugh simply as "an embarrassment" for the party in Florida.

"We in the Florida party had nothing to do with him, wanted nothing to do with him," they said.

Hugh Rodham did not respond to a message Business Insider left at his Florida law office this week seeking comment on this story.

While the Rodham brothers would not speak to us, lawyer and political consultant Lanny Davis, a longtime Clinton family friend, sent us a comment on their behalf. Davis suggested there were inaccuracies in the various allegations leveled against the Rodhams over the years, but they don't want to defend themselves due to a desire to protect "their families privacy." Davis also expressed the brothers' wish that Clinton's rivals and members of the media will refrain from targeting her family.

Sat May 16, 2015 8:44 pm
MMT Sponsor

gatorheads@comcast.net

Tue May 19, 2015 12:15 pm
Profile WWW
MMT 1000 Club

25 Things I trust more than Hillary Clinton
-Mexican tap water
-A wolverine with a ‘pet me’ sign
-A mixed drink made by Bill Cosby
-A straight edge shave from Jodi Arias
-An elevator ride with Ray Rice
-A night out with Aaron Hernandez
-Brian Williams memory
-Pete Carroll coaching decisions
-Loch Ness monster sightings
-Pinocchio
-The boy that cried wolf
-Denver Browns going to the Super Bowl
-A Nigerian inheritance email
-A pilot alone in the cockpit
-Harry Reid’s exercise equipment
-Tying Anthony Weiner’s shoes
-A fart in an automatic car wash
-A factory packed parachute
-A kiss from Judas
-An Afghan wearing a backpack
-a Dana White apology
-Keeping my healthcare plan
-A North Korean trial
-A BIC pen that doesn’t leak
-A tuna fish sandwich left on a city bus

Fri May 29, 2015 11:09 am
MMT Super Elite Member

Fri May 29, 2015 11:14 am
Profile WWW
MMT Addict

Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:39 pm
MMT 1000 Club

"This February it was reported by the Washington Free Beacon that Mrs. Clinton paid her female staffers 72 cents for every dollar paid to male staffers. While she was a senator, the median annual salary for a woman working in Mrs. Clinton’s office was $15,708.38 less than the median salary for a man. She can’t have it both ways—insisting that there’s gender discrimination yet not paying her female staffers equal to her male staffers.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... z3buZgmc3Z

Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:34 am
MMT 1000 Club

Bill Clinton’s foundation cashed in as Sweden lobbied Hillary on sanctions

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... m-cashed-/

“Bill Clinton’s foundation set up a fundraising arm in Sweden that collected $26 million in donations at the same time that country was lobbying Hillary Rodham Clinton’s State Department to forgo sanctions that threatened its thriving business with Iran, according to interviews and documents obtained by The Washington Times.”

Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:54 am
MMT Elite Member

She will also take Canadian slush funding :?

On May 31st, Paul Blumenthal and Ryan Grim at Huffington Post headlined, "Banks Behind Hillary Clinton's Canadian Speeches Really Want The Keystone Pipeline," and they reported that, "Two Canadian banks tightly connected to promoting the controversial Keystone XL pipeline in the United States either fully or partially paid for eight speeches made by former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in the period not long before she announced her campaign for president. Those speeches put more than $1.6 million in the Democratic candidate's pocket."

This is hardly virgin territory, however, for Clinton and the XL deal.

In a report that I posted at HuffPo and several other sites on 1 February 2014 summarizing the State Department's appalling corruption and perhaps equally appalling incompetence in its three (and especially in the two Hillary Clinton State Department) environmental impact statements on the proposed Keystone XL Pipeline project, I headlined, "John Kerry vs. Hillary Clinton On The Keystone XL Report," and noted that:

Clinton's redo of her earlier faked report was itself fake, because: first, "The study does discuss 'Climate Change Impacts on the Proposed Project,' but not the proposed project's impacts on climate change"; and, second, because it was not written by the State Department but by an oil-industry contracting firm (ERM Inc.) that Clinton's State Department had non-competitively assigned to be performed by the company that was selected for this purpose by the corporation (TransCanada) that would own the pipeline; and, third, because that contractor had no climatologist. Both of Clinton's reports were simply fakes; they were barely disguised promo-pieces for TransCanada.

Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:34 am
MMT Elite Member

Together, Bill and Hillary Clinton have made more than $25 million since January of 2014, from about 100 speeches. In addition, Bill earned $104.9 million between January 2001 and January 2013. Hillary’s financial disclosure form filed with the Federal Elections Committee on May 15 shows just how different a world the Clintons inhabit than the average American voter. And if any other proof is needed to show how out of touch the Clintons can be, see Hillary’s ‘dead broke’ comment. “The Clintons’ claim that staggering amounts of income from paid speaking fees that raise ethical questions and potential conflicts of interest is simply to ‘pay our bills’ shows how out-of-touch they’ve truly become,” Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus told Bloomberg, referring to the “I gotta pay our bills” explanation Bill Clinton gave ABC News. But that is not the major issue. More importantly, the report serves as evidence that Hillary Clinton is beholden to special interests.

Corning, an American manufacturer of glass, ceramics, and related materials, has a relationship with Hillary Clinton that dates back to her 2000 election to the Senate. As the New York Times reported in 2006, “Clinton has become one of the company’s leading champions, delivering for it like no other Democratic lawmaker.” Corning, which has boasted of its long-lasting and unwavering support of the Republican party, made a $10,000 donation to her re-election campaign after Clinton pushed legislation providing millions of dollars in federal aid to reduce diesel pollution, a plan that partly relied on Corning technology. During Clinton’s tenure as Secretary of State, Corning lobbied the department about a number of issues, including the Trans-Pacific Partnership, and donated between $100,000 to $250,000 to the foundation. In July 2014, Corning funded a $225,000 honorarium for Clinton to speak, and that money went not to a campaign account but to Hillary Clinton personally, as Vox reported.

Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:56 am
MMT Elite Member

Citing recent polls showing the former secretary of state only slightly ahead of various Republican rivals, Barnes writes in an op-ed piece that Clinton is "not threatened with losing the Democratic nomination — at least not yet.

"But the rationale for her bid for the presidency, the strategy of her campaign, and the tactics she’s adopted — all have failed to stop her steady decline" in the polls, he added. "The expectation of Clinton’s glide into the White House in 2016 is gone."

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/clinton ... id/649198/

Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:30 pm
MMT Super Elite Member

Giga, be honest. You cannot stand the fact that any woman could be president.

Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:58 pm
Profile WWW
MMT Elite Member

She ain't no woman..she got Bill's nuts:lol:

Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:00 pm
MMT Addict

Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:28 am
MMT Elite Member

Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:55 pm
MMT Addict

Two perfect democrats:
1) An idiot woman who couldn't find her a** with both hands.
2) A crazy socialist from Vermont.
A liberal conundrum is brewing.

Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:44 pm
MMT Super Elite Member

Look, all I have to do is sit back, relax and watch the returns. Hillary will be our next president.

Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:51 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next