It is currently Sun Jun 09, 2024 9:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Baltimore: What is your solution to its poverty and crime? 

Solution to poverty
Early Education 15%  15%  [ 5 ]
Disbursal 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Public works 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Phase out public assistance 32%  32%  [ 11 ]
Parental incarceration 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mentoring 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
Time 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Kill them all 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
Revolution 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Poverty is merely a byproduct of capitalism 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Be RangerP and help yourself 24%  24%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 34

Baltimore: What is your solution to its poverty and crime? 
MMT Super Elite Member

Post Baltimore: What is your solution to its poverty and crime?
Rather than blaming each other, what is your solution to poverty in Baltimore? If you need another solution to be added, let me know and I will add it.

“Wisdom is not just expertise. It is knowing how much of various areas of expertise you need to know in order to make the decisions that the world needs and that you want to do,” Columbia University President Lee Bollinger.

Mon May 04, 2015 8:59 pm
Profile WWW
MMT Pro Member

Post Re: Baltimore: What is your solution to its poverty and crim
There is no solution. Years of living off the government has them set in there ways just like most ghetto places in America. Liberal agenda playing out perfect.

Mon May 04, 2015 9:06 pm
MMT 1000 Club

My biggest problems in life have never been solved by others. They are solved by me.

When those in crap, get tied of the smell, they will find a way out.

Giving Obama phones, Obama Care, Welfare, Food Stamps, Free housing..... and then shipping in millions of Mexicans to take up jobs is not going to work. We already proved that one.

Gator Tail XD 37 EFI -Delta Performance Level 3

Mon May 04, 2015 9:15 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Better yet, what is your solution DG?

Mon May 04, 2015 9:21 pm
MMT Super Elite Member

Just read this. How appropriate for our topic.

Baltimore unrest as Obama pushes mentoring
http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/04/politics/ ... index.html

“Wisdom is not just expertise. It is knowing how much of various areas of expertise you need to know in order to make the decisions that the world needs and that you want to do,” Columbia University President Lee Bollinger.

Mon May 04, 2015 9:24 pm
Profile WWW
MMT 1000 Club

The old "government fix".

Mao sold the peasant farmers of China on redistribution of wealth, class war, redistribution, and social programs. Once he got full power, he starved 60 million of them to death.

Obama has no track record of fixing anything. His dad argued that it is ethical to tax a man 100% of his income.

If liberals in this country ever get their way, their lack of morality, their secular humanism, and their inate racism is going to get ugly. History is a good indicator of what will happen in the future.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon May 04, 2015 9:33 pm
MMT Super Elite Member

I've always been a proponent of early education, but a tough love approach to it. We know enough about poverty and crime to be able to identify at risk children. I would identify them as early as 3 years of age and literally pluck them out of the family and insert them in a boarding school environment. Though at first for the family, but ultimately what is best for the child. I would slowly reintroduce the family to the child but only if certain conditions we met: no criminal activity, negative drug screening, completion of parental counseling. This is similar to foster care but with an educational component.

Today's juvenile delinquents are a tougher problem. Very little can be done to reverse the damage caused by poverty. We can try and a few will respond to mentoring and re emphasising education, but most will not.

Mon May 04, 2015 9:38 pm
Profile WWW
MMT Sponsor

At first I laughed at "kill them all" but that's what you would have to do to those who choose to be impoverished and commit crimes to end it. There is no solution only remedies for some.

gatorheads@comcast.net

Tue May 05, 2015 4:31 am
Profile WWW
MMT Addict

Tue May 05, 2015 5:03 am
MMT 1000 Club

Dguidry stated "literally pluck them out of the family and insert them in a boarding school environment. Though at first for the family, but ultimately what is best for the child. I would slowly reintroduce the family to the child but only if certain conditions we met: "

WOW!!! Did you just actually say that?

"pluck from the family". Guess what dude? Send the pluck police to come pluck from my family, and we are going back to square one with the whole shoot people between the eyes solutions.

Where in the Constitution did you ever come up with Government plucking kids from families?

How long before you decide you do not like RangerP doing the home schooling, and teaching Biblical marriage to his kids, so you pluck them out?

How long before the Obama police start plucking kids from families that teach capitalism to their kids?

Who gets to be the decider on who gets plucked?

Based on the current stats of who is poor, would more black kids that white be getting plucked?

Sounds to me like old Soviet Union, where the police show up at your door in the night, knock, and someone goes away for a long time.

Tue May 05, 2015 6:16 am
MMT Super Elite Member

Tue May 05, 2015 6:27 am
Profile WWW
MMT 1000 Club

Knock, Knock, Knock!

RangerP - opens front door

RangerP: "Hello Officer, can I help you"

DGuidry: "I am Officer Dean Guidry with the National Pluck Police, I am hear for your children"

(sound of shotgun being racked)

RangerP: "You better get the pluck off my front porch you Obama loving communist, before I blow a hole in your head the size of Texas"

(sound of crap running down officer Guidry's pant legs as he sprints for his car)

Tue May 05, 2015 6:34 am
MMT Super Elite Member

My aunt was a social worker stationed in the charity hospital system. She would literally pluck new born children from their child-parents and convince mothers to put the child up for adoption. I cannot tell you how many adoptions I've done in my practice but it's a lot. it was the difficult cases with older children she would foster. She did all this while raising her own three children who became a doctor, lawyer and nurse.

So in Texas this would not work, RangerP? I fully understand the constitutional issues with such this solution, but it happens legally everyday. We need to expand it. It's either spend the money to incarcerate them later in life or spend money now while the children are still young and can still be molded, on a massive community based foster care initiative in troubled areas like Baltimore, New Orleans, etc. The Catholic Church in New Orleans used play a very active role in helping to educate children in troubled areas but they've become overwhelmed and have lost much of their local financial support since hurricane Katrina.

Tue May 05, 2015 6:52 am
Profile WWW
MMT 1000 Club

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
- Mark Twain

Tue May 05, 2015 7:01 am
MMT 1000 Club

Dguidry - if the government stopped funding single women to birth non-legitimate bastard children, they would stop having them at the current rate, and thus no need for your communist police out there snatching up kids.

Duck Hearse - ease up with the crimes stats and truth, it is a hard pill for libs to swallow all at once

Tue May 05, 2015 7:14 am
MMT 1000 Club

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
- Mark Twain

Tue May 05, 2015 7:20 am
MMT Elite Member

What about the ones that are not newborns? Are they lost causes or what?

Tue May 05, 2015 7:44 am
MMT 1000 Club

- Mark Twain

Tue May 05, 2015 7:49 am
MMT Super Elite Member

[quote="rangerp"]Dguidry - if the government stopped funding single women to birth non-legitimate bastard children, they would stop having them at the current rate, and thus no need for your communist police out there snatching up kids.

You're right, we need to beef up support for planed parenthood.

Tue May 05, 2015 8:23 am
Profile WWW
MMT Pro Member

Tue May 05, 2015 8:32 am
MMT Pro Member

Tue May 05, 2015 8:34 am
MMT 1000 Club

Dguidry stated “You're right, we need to beef up support for planed parenthood.”

How democrat of you to say such a thing/.

Margaret Sanger – founder of Planned Parenthood stated ” Black babies are human weeds,' ' blacks are reckless breeders,' 'spawning... human beings who never should have been born”

Is that how you view blacks and their babies?

Tue May 05, 2015 8:35 am
MMT 1000 Club

Ninja stated "u might want to put the brakes on wit ur comment on single women having kids! My wife had two children, sperm donor walked out on her! She had government assistance till we got married due to "dead beat dad"..... I got involved in the kids life at age 1 and 2. Now they are 11 and 12. Honor roll kids, home schooled, and very sociable....... Not all women are horrible people just because of government assistance.... It's all about what she does with it and how the children are raised!!!!!!"

Ninja -
I do not think we are discussing your wife. Sounds like she was with a man who walked out. I am betting if there was no system to get on, she would have still raised her kids, provided, got help from family, and had a successful family.

thankfully there are good men like you who can marry a woman with kids from a previous failed relationship, and raise them like they are yours. Sounds to me like you are very proud of their accomplishments.

I am talking about a system that promotes single girls laying up with no-job having thugs, producing kids that my tax dollars then support for a lifetime/. That does not describe you, your wife, and your kids.

Tue May 05, 2015 8:41 am
MMT Pro Member

Tue May 05, 2015 8:55 am
MMT Sponsor

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gatorheads@comcast.net

Tue May 05, 2015 11:58 am
Profile WWW
MMT Super Elite Member

Tue May 05, 2015 1:29 pm
Profile WWW
MMT Elite Member

I'm guessing you listened to either all or none based on your views

Tue May 05, 2015 2:02 pm
MMT Elite Member

:lol:

Tue May 05, 2015 2:02 pm
MMT Super Elite Member

Tue May 05, 2015 2:05 pm
Profile WWW
MMT Elite Member

Glad she is in good health for 94.

Tue May 05, 2015 2:07 pm
MMT 1000 Club

MMTCOURT.jpg

Tue May 05, 2015 2:46 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Next person that uses the N-word has to lay their pecker on the bench, and Pee Wee gets smack it with the gavel.

Tue May 05, 2015 3:05 pm
MMT 1000 Club

"You cannot take any people, of any color, and exempt them from the requirements of civilization — including work, behavioral standards, personal responsibility, and all the other basic things that the clever intelligentsia disdain — without ruinous consequences to them and to society at large." - Thomas Sowell

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... mas-sowell

Tue May 05, 2015 3:56 pm
MMT Super Elite Member

Tue May 05, 2015 5:13 pm
Profile WWW
MMT 1000 Club

Dguidry stated "Other tenets of civilization: care for the elderly, the infirm, the poor, treat everyone equally."

All men being "created equal" is different that promising everyone an equal outcome.

Some folks bust their butt, save money, plan for the future make wise decisions, educate their own children.....

Some live for the moment. They squander on drugs, alcohol, gambling. They have no purpose, they do not plan for the future, they do not educate their children.

Taking from those who work and plan, and giving to those who squander is what democrats and redistribution of wealth is all about.

Do a google study, and look at the difference in charity between democrats and republicans. You will find that republicans way outgive democrats when it comes to charity. Democrats want to take other peoples money, and give it away. That is not charity, it is theft.

Tue May 05, 2015 7:10 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Nuke

- Mark Twain

Tue May 05, 2015 7:15 pm
MMT Super Elite Member

Tue May 05, 2015 7:19 pm
Profile WWW
MMT Addict

Tue May 05, 2015 7:32 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Blue state only gives 3% of their income to charity studies have shown that they also have a higher tax bracket and make more money so it compares to a Red state who gives 7% of their income but have a lower tax bracket and make less money

Tue May 05, 2015 7:53 pm
MMT 1000 Club

http://www.ethicsdaily.com/republican-s ... -cms-19923

"The National Journal reported that in 2008 Sarah Palin, the Republican Party's vice presidential candidate, gave more "to charity in one year than the Bidens had in the previous 10 years."

Tue May 05, 2015 7:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next