It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 GOP debate 
MMT Pro Member

Post GOP debate
Well any early favorites yet? I really expected to see Trump do well but considering the questions Megyn asked it was a little hard for him to talk about anything political. I really thought Cruz did well, but Rubio talked on some very good points. I like the fact that he came from nothing and had 100,000 in student loans just four years ago. Overall though I didn't like the questions. I have always liked Megyns show but I do not like her as a moderator I don't think.

Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:26 am
MMT Addict

Post Re: GOP debate
I've never really thought trump was electable but I've liked his fire and what he's has to say until last night. He showed me that he's not what I'd like to see running this country, still a far cry from what we have now. I feel like he'd have us in a shit storm with every country that didn't do everything that he asked, but I do believe he'd have a better grasp on Isis and the economy than the joke we have now. Walker, Rubio, and Bush have my attention after last night and I've always liked Huckaby's approach to the fair tax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:04 pm
MMT Pro Member

I would have to agree that Trump is a little aggressive. But you have to give the guy some credit...He wakes up every morning wanting to win. I feel his mouth will get him into trouble far before this is over. With him we should expect to see a valley before a peak in the economy. We have to start producing far more for export commodities before anyone will be willing to meet his demands for foreign trade. "American Made" needs to stand for quality again. I feel that has suffered with big business taking the reins of this country. But I LOVE his views of the American border. Shut it down and take care of ourselves before the hand outs come to those that have yet to earn it!!

Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:30 pm
MMT Super Elite Member

Ole Huck was the most presidential sounding and I like him a lot, but he'll never back off the abortion issue to and degree and is therefore unelectable.

“Wisdom is not just expertise. It is knowing how much of various areas of expertise you need to know in order to make the decisions that the world needs and that you want to do,” Columbia University President Lee Bollinger.

Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:03 pm
Profile WWW
MMT Pro Member

Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:10 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Trump had my attention till last night. I may still vote for him solely on the fact I want a border. However I lost a lot of respect for him last night. He had no remorse in the fact his 4 bankruptcies cost people jobs. He made it sound like bankruptcy is just a way of doing business.

Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:13 pm
MMT 1000 Club

It is a way of doing business for rich people.

Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:36 pm
MMT Elite Member

It's tough because everyone up there has pros and cons. I like Carson and Rubio. Trump has some good but also some bad. I don't like the whole independent thing. I feel he'll run as an independent just to bust their balls, because he'll make the same money if there's a donkey or an elephant in the white house.

Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:40 pm
MMT 1000 Club

I like Ben Carson the best

Sent from...wait, Where am I?

Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:48 pm
MMT Pro Member

The last thing Trump is looking for is money. The salary of being President is nothing to this guy. I think this is just something on his personal agenda on his list of things to accomplish. He loves the public eye and throwing his weight around. This position is right up his alley.

Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:48 pm
MMT 1000 Club

I would lick Meagan ASS whole and let y'all watch

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
- Mark Twain

Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:58 pm
MMT Addict

Can't stand Cruz or Paul. Honestly think I liked Jeb the best, he was a heck of a govoner just his name is damaged goods, he can't win and won't. It's a real shame. I feel for him, my brothers and I are three completely different people. Just as him and old George are different people. That being said, I'm probably with Rubio, but man the stuff trump says is great. Would love to see him tell all these people and others around the world to pound sand.

How is Cruz even eligible to run? Ironic the crap Obama got about his status as an American born citizen yet this guy is from Canada.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:09 pm
Profile WWW
MMT Addict

I think if he runs as an independent we will definitely have a democrat in the office again. It will be just enough of the vote to throw it. I'm still not certain that Hillary will get the nod. She has been a doormat for the Democratic Party her whole life. Hopefully she will get thrown under the bus again this time. I'd like to see a Biden vs Trump debate, it would be entertaining to say the least.

Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:10 pm
MMT 1000 Club

I like Cruz, Paul, Rubio, Huck and in that order. I also like Carson and Carly F, but not sure if they are ready for the office.

If I have to vote for Christy or Bush, I may just not vote, first time since I was 18.

Cruz can look down any dictator and tell him what to do. And he is a friend to what most outdoors man and blue collar workers would want.

Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]