It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Doctor Drug off United Airplane 
MMT 1000 Club

Post Doctor Drug off United Airplane
http://nypost.com/2017/04/11/doctor-dra ... s-for-sex/

Lots in the news on this story. Seems like most folks are on the side of the doctor.

I see it differently. That jet is private property owned by United. If they tell you get off, then get off. If you are wronged, sue them.

When law enforcement officers show up and tell you to get off, then exit the bird. You are not going to win. If police are wrong, sue them.

It appears that the good doctor has some strange habbits. He was busted for trading sex for drugs (to dudes).

Being he is queer, I am betting then lib news really pulls for him.

Gator Tail XD 37 EFI -Delta Performance Level 3

Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:36 pm
MMT Elite Member

Post Re: Doctor Drug off United Airplane
Yea I bet he'll get paid when it's all over with..

Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:36 pm
MMT 1000 Club

I would like to hear a good lawyers take on it.

Funny how many of the cases (most are criminal) where folks who follow media think one rulling is a guarantee, yet it goes the opposite direction.

Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:44 pm
MMT Elite Member

I'm no lawyer but I agree with your original statements - he failed to comply with the order of an officer; therefore, he was forced to comply. Now, whether or not the officer used excessive force in terms of the law, I have no clue. Just seems the bleeding hearts always pull for such "victims" in these type of scenarios.

Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:52 am
MMT 1000 Club

I don't care either way, but seems like TSA should of handled it instead of some slapnuts security guards.
right or wrong, united will own it. they called the rosco pd.
if I bought a ticket, got in my seat to fly, and they told me to get out they'd have to either make it worth my time with money or drag me off too.

fork united.

Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:27 pm
MMT 1000 Club

There are a lot of myths about the situation, and it’s leading people to some bad conclusions.

This didn’t happen because United sold too many tickets. United Express (Republic Airlines) had to send four crew members to work a flight the next morning. The weekend was operationally challenging, this was a replacement crew, if the employees didn’t get to Louisville a whole plane load of passengers were going to be ‘bumped’ when that flight was cancelled, and likely other passengers on other flights using that aircraft would have their own important travel plans screwed up as well.

United couldn’t have just sent another plane to take their crew even if they had such a plane it’s not clear they had the crew to operate it legally, or that they could have gotten the plane back to Chicago in time legally so prevent ‘bumping’ via cancellation the whole plane load of passengers it was supposed to carry next.

If the passenger could have just taken Uber, why not the crew? because United doesn’t get to transport its crew any way it wishes whenever it wishes, they’re bound by union contracts and in any case they were following standard established procedures. We can debate those procedures, that’s productive, but United didn’t do anything out of the ordinary.

United should have just kept increasing the denied boarding offer passengers didn’t willingly get off at $800, they should have gone to $1000 (would that have made a difference?) or $5000 or $100,000 — it’s not the passengers’ fault United didn’t have enough seats. Though the time this would have taken might have lost a takeoff window or taken time where the crew went illegal (and the whole flight had to cancel) or the replacement crew wouldn’t get the legally required rest.
More importantly, United didn’t do it because Department of Transportation regulations set maximum required compensation for involuntary denied boarding (in this case 4 times the passenger’s fare paid up to a maximum of $1350). So they’re not going to offer more than that for voluntary denied boardings, especially since the violent outcome here wasn’t expected and the United Express gate agent had no authority to do more.

Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:20 pm
MMT Pro Member

United owns this one. This was a failure on all fronts for the company. Piss poor planning, piss poor execution, and a horrible follow up with the CEOs initial statement. I don't give two shits what he has to say now. If you have to apologize for you apology, you obviously don't care. I have a feeling he'll be out of a job real soon.

Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:43 pm
MMT Pro Member

Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:44 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Anyone who was in the doctors position would be upset that they had to give up their seat that's reasonable. I agree with rangerp that the doctors action escalated the situation creating the real issue. The airline for whatever reason failed to provide transportation for customers and that is an issue of poor customer service or just bad business. The airline is a private company and should have the right to refuse anyone for any reason and if customers don't like it its simple, DONT FLY.

This mentality of showing your ass and acting out is a huge problem in society today it has caused many avoidable deaths and injuries. When law enforcement or even security asks you to do something that does not risk the safety of you or others around you do it. If you feel that there was no cause for what was asked from you then there are many things you can do to resolve the issue without causing yourself or others harm.

The bottom line is the doctor was dead wrong for refusing to exit the plane and he will probably be rewarded due to the MSM's spin to the public. This public attention justifies it so others will think its ok to pitch a fit to get your way perpetuating the cycle.

Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]