It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Disrespect is not Protest 
MMT 1000 Club

Post Disrespect is not Protest
Willful Disrespect is not synonymous with “protest”.

Using the F-word at the family dinner table is not excusable because you want to protest having rice instead of mashed potatoes. Farting out loud during a church sermon is not “protest” because you may disagree with the pastor on one of the points of his sermon.

Men are supposed to raise boys to be respectful. There are some things that should be non-negotiable. You bow your head during a prayer, you call a judge “your Honor”, you hold the door for a lady, you stand, hat removed, with hand over your heart during the playing of a National Anthem (from any nation you happen to be in), you call Police Men “officer”, you say “sir” and “ma’am” when talking to adults older than you....

This crowd kneeling during our National Anthem are not protesting. They are showing us that they were not raised to be men. They are showing us that they are just punk boys with bad manners and rude behavior. They are not protesting, they are showing a lack of respect, a lack of upbringing, and a lack of having a real father to raise them to be men.

Gator Tail XD 37 EFI -Delta Performance Level 3

Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:05 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: Disrespect is not Protest
free speech doesn't apply to protesting in a corporate world in the way they're using it. you protest your job and your employer decides to fire you, you're fired. and yes, I consider it disrespectful too. but the owners don't want to deal with the financial fallout if they piss off half their fans, and more importantly to them, sponsors, for firing players. yet most of those sponsors would fire their employees for protesting and being disrespectful at work. entertainment has become way too much of a focus of our society, and it's why they're allowed to get away with this shit. repeat of history...

#CFFITR
#TheGhostBoat
#whoneedsphysicsihaveamudmotor

Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:44 pm
MMT Elite Member

The etiquette is spelled out in Title 36 Subtitle 1, Para. 301 of the US Code:

During a rendition of the national anthem:
(1) when the flag is displayed:
(A) all present except those in uniform should stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart;
(B) men not in uniform should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold the headdress at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart; and
(C) individuals in uniform should give the military salute at the first note of the anthem and maintain that position until the last note; and

(2) when the flag is not displayed, all present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed.

There's a different section of the US code (Title 4 Chapter 1, Section 9) that gives the proper way to salute when the flag is raised, lowered, or passes in a parade. That title used to have basically the same language as the above. Title 4 was amended by Congress in 2008?? allowing military personnel and veterans to give the military salute even if they were not in uniform.

This has been in place since 1942. I grew up being told "You place your hand over your heart for the Pledge, not the Anthem." Obviously, this was not correct.

As for the overpaid crybabies....if they TRULY want to bring attention to their "cause," try stepping out of their million dollar mansions, get into their respective cities' areas of crime and educate those individuals on proper interactions with law enforcement.....instead of being disrespectful, non-law abiding THUGS.

Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:51 am
MMT 1000 Club

blacks are like 75% or more of the players now.

blacks gonna black. no big surprise there.
the white players just do what the coach tells them, and most of them are libtards. no big surprise.

the commissioner of the nfl is a big time commie. no big surprise there either.

when the fan base quits paying the bills, they will panic and try to do a jane fonda, but it's already too late in my opinion.

not watching nfl anymore. hope they go bankrupt.

protest all you want to, that's fine. but do it on your time, not during a game and never during the national anthem.

Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:43 am
MMT Site Admin

The thing that gets me, and that these dumbasses don't realize, is that all that dog and pony shit show will do absolutely nothing to help the cause. The message they are trying to send gets lost in the media storm that they knelt for the anthem, that's it.

Instead of being a role model and telling blacks to quit acting like fucking animals, they choose to honor thugs who got shot while resisting arrest, some even shooting at cops. This has all been caused by their own community where they glorify ganstar rappers, dudes having multiple kids that they don't have shit to do with, (or even know who their daddy is cause mama was fuckin' every dick out there). All these problems in the black community are all self inflicted and they can't blame the white man for them.

I take it back, they can blame the white man, the democrats that use them for votes, promising free shit, all the while giving just enough welfare to keep them in the ghetto, exactly where they want them.

I truly feel sorry for the good blacks who are judged for the actions of these fools. It's a shame when you have a black person trying to better themselves and you have their own community calling them uncle tom, or trying to act white.

As for these football players, they don't give a shit about the black community. Ask any one of them if they want to move back to the hood tomorrow. I can bet what the answer would be.

Admin | Owner
Admin | Owner
Admin | Owner
CEO | Graphic Details Digital Media

Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:00 am
Profile WWW
MMT 1000 Club

well said, Tony B.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:44 pm
MMT Elite Member

I'll protest the way it garners the most attention....with my wallet.

Not even going to turn on an NFL game. Certainly not going to buy any NFL licensed merchandise....and won't be attending any games in person. If all God fearing, country loving Americans did this....I promise you...there would not be anybody kneeling on the sidelines during the National Anthem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]