It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 The Yeti Ordeal 
MMT 1000 Club

Post The Yeti Ordeal
It appears that Yeti pulled support for the NRA-ILA in stopping some sort of discount deal.

I don't believe any company owes the NRA an allegiance, but I am suspect of the timing. At a time when there is much pissing and moaning about the NRA, Yeti decides to pull support. Just my opinion, but I believe they were trying to ingratiate themselves to the liberal crowd.

Somehow I am betting die hard hunters and sportsman have more invested than hemp sandal wearing, LGBT supporting, Hillary voting, libs. Betting the sportsman buy more products.

Looking like Yeti may have a case of alligator mouth overriding their tadpole butt. No matter what they do now, it has mad a splash and there will be hardcore NRA supporters refusing to buy their products.

I own Magellan and Pelican coolers anyhow. I know the Yeti is a solid product, but it just seemed over priced to me.

If you are a company out to make money, it seems dumb to make a political stance when it is highly likely to cost you customers.

I have not purchased any coolers this month, but I went out of my way to contribute a hundred bucks to the NRA.

Any thoughts?

Gator Tail XD 37 EFI -Delta Performance Level 3

Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:22 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: The Yeti Ordeal

Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:22 am
MMT Pro Member

People that are outraged by this don’t have enough real stuff to worry about.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:48 am
MMT Elite Member

I own Yeti, Rtic, and Engel products. Yeti was simply ending older discount programs and streamlining the order process to their bulk discount program, and it was not solely aimed at the NRA. Yeti did not make a political stance. Was the timing bad? Perhaps. Could the email have been worded better, and possibly gone into a little more detail? Probably. But the NRA being butt hurt, and turning to social media and starting all this non sense is very childish to me. I have come away from this whole ordeal with my opinion of Yeti not really changing at all, but being displeased with the NRA and how they handled this situation.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:56 am
MMT 1000 Club

I agree with rangerp 100% on this. They did what they did at a time where the discussion was hot and the liberals were all upset about guns again because of some retard shooting up innocent people. Instead of spending countless money on protests, making guns "safer", banning certain gun parts, etc, the liberal side should be putting their energy and money into more facilities and programs that can help the mentally challenged and disturbed. Here in Louisiana there is nothing for the mentally challenged or disturbed and getting them help is like pulling teeth. I won't be purchasing anything from yeti anyway and wouldn't have before. My K2 keeps my cold drinks ice cold and the guy that owns the company is an avid outdoorsman, which usually goes hand and hand with being a conservative, since liberals don't like guns and hurting the little baby animals and fish (said in baby voice).

In conclusion, I find any company or person who supports gun control to be a very ignorant person in the field of firearms. Being a public servant, I know and see that when criminals want weapons, they will acquire them by any other means besides the legal one.

Blaming a mass shooting on the gun is like Blaming a misspelled word, on your pencil. Do I blame my hot beer on my yeti? No, because I won't be supporting some liberal owned business.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:06 am
MMT 1000 Club

As a kid, one of my younger brothers tended to instigate. I am betting there are a few times where some folks got thumped who were in the right. Siding with your brother in a fight is just something you do. Perhaps me siding with the NRA is similar. I am a lifetime member and just accustomed to defending them against liberals.

Yeti is an awesome product with a loyal customer base. I find it interesting that to date they have not been able to show the other organizations they also cut ties with.

If I owned Yeti coolers I would not destroy them.

Based on the timing, I still lean toward the NRA and believe Yeti was making a political stand

Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:59 am
MMT Elite Member

Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:55 pm
MMT 1000 Club

If I had to bet on who is more apt to have taken some Soros money, I would bet it is Yeti and not the NRA.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:47 pm
MMT 1000 Club

:roll: truth

Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:21 pm
MMT 1000 Club

I believe Yeti has the ability to show support for the NRA and fix this.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]