It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Random thought 
MMT Pro Member

Post Random thought
There seems to have been an actual decline in rational thinking in the world in general.

The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. They are idolized and treated as leaders; their opinions are sought on everything and they take themselves just as seriously.

After all, if an athlete is paid over a million dollars a year, he knows that he is important! He thereby feels that his opinions on foreign affairs and domestic policies must also be important! He is convinced of this fact, even though he proves himself to be ignorant and sub-literate, every time he opens his mouth.

Sadly, most of his fans are just as ignorant, and the disease seems to be spreading.

Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:10 am
MMT Pro Member

Post Re: Random thought
I would have to agree with above random thought process.

Rob Olson
Delta Waterfowl President

Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:07 am
MMT Elite Member

I too would have to agree with the above stated thought process. In the bible, it talks about God making miracles happen. Some of these people (actors, Athletes Etc.) have to be miracles, because noone, and I mean noone, could be as stupid as they are on their own. When you have a portion of the American people (young adults) (young retarded adults)start following the political opinions of Snoopy the Dog, Spike Lee, and the rest of thses cool-aid drinking loons, I think it is safe to say that we are in trouble! Just my opinion.

Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:28 am
MMT Site Admin

Late to the post but I would agree, the movie stars and athletes are not the guiding light when it comes to politics or world affairs, but they sure helped Obama win it, them and CNN & CBS.

I remember when the Iraq war started, some of the movie stars wanted to go to Iraq to "protect" the Iraqis. Little do they know that some of these folks would kill them just to look at them no matter how much they were "loved" by them.

Yep, you're good at acting or carrying a ball, that's great, but that sure as hell don't qualify you as an expert in political affairs.

Admin | Owner
Admin | Owner
Admin | Owner
CEO | Graphic Details Digital Media

Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:33 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]