It is currently Sun Jun 09, 2024 5:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Youth Waders and Clothing 
MMT Member

Post Youth Waders and Clothing
I want to take my daughter out this year on a few duck hunts. She has expressed interest and I would love to have her. I want to get some good gear to make sure she isn't miserable. I think a good pair of chest waders and waterproof jacket would be a good investment. Looking at cabelas neoprene and Macks wings little ditch. I want to find a 3mm and the warmest boots. Any experience with waders for kids. She is a size 2 would give plenty of room. 5mm would be heavy and maybe too warm for south LA. We will be hunting when the weather was good and not on freezing days of course. Cold feet has always been an issue even for me. When I was a kid starting out it camo rainsuits and sweat suits, Its a wonder I even kept on with hunting! I spent allot of cold miserable days in the blind. rubber no insulated hip boots I spent my allowance savings on. Just didn't make anything for kids then.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:15 am
MMT Pro Member

Post Re: Youth Waders and Clothing
You got that right on back then. Mom used to sew mine out of woodland camo chamois material

Just a thought but would a good pair of heavy knee boots and a few layers of clothes work better? You mentioned sla. Mine 18 months and I can't wait to make a hunt with her.

Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:57 pm
MMT Elite Member

Post Re: Youth Waders and Clothing
Buy the drake youth jacket and pants they are awesome just buy them a few sizes big bc they grow so fast as far as the waders I just take my son in the boat bc he got the same disease I got our asses or to low to the ground so even with waders he would still need a snorkel kit but some good socks and boots help out

Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]