It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 8:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 First boat ride!! 
MMT 1000 Club

Post First boat ride!!
The weather is finally getting decent enough to have the little one out in it more. Still a pretty windy day but we idled around for an hour or so. Got tired of sitting in mommas lap so we put down a blanket and she played in the bottom of the boat while we rode a little. Everything went well except the usual case of the life jacket pissing her off! :lol:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

-Custom pool noodle
-stage 4 water wings

Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:51 am
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: First boat ride!!
Awesome pic & cute kid!
I bet you're looking forward to the nicer spring weather to get out and do things with her....

Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:55 am
MMT 1000 Club

Double post

Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:04 am
MMT 1000 Club

Keep bringing her as much as you can. When a dad brings their boys and girls along with them, and they talk a lot. It heads off problems later. So do high expectations of your kids to work hard at everything from tball to school. Working hard is praised not so much outcome.

Thanks for being a good dad. We need for every father to be one.

Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:29 am
MMT 1000 Club

Tx, I can't wait till it's warm and sunny and we can ride around and show her more things. I don't know many kids that pay attention quite like she does. That little girl doesn't miss a thing!

Voodoo, I'm just 'carrying on' so to speak. My dad worked off-shore so he missed a lot but I was lucky to have a mom who maintained his expectations and consistency while he was away providing for us. I'm lucky to have a job that I don't have to be gone much and can be witness to all her little milestones. I will expect her best efforts in everything she does so I think it's only right that I put forth mine as well. She will be a year old next month, feels like we just brought her home from the hospital. I'm already ready for this growing up thing to slow down!!!

-Custom pool noodle
-stage 4 water wings

Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:28 am
MMT Pro Member

Precious. I keep thinking that my little man is too young to bring out, but it looks like I'm behind the curve. The little booger won't sit still long enough for daddy to drink a beer on the porch. I couldn't imagine him in a boat right now!

Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:52 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:18 pm
MMT Eternal Member - Rest In Peace

That's a cute little girl you've got there. Keep her feet wet as she grows up and enjoy those long summer days with her outdoors

Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:36 pm
MMT Elite Member

As long as they fit in a lifevest they aren't too young. Just make sure the weather is right and don't take them too long at a time.

Mine would fall asleep 2 min after being on plane. It was like clockwork.

Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:38 pm
MMT 1000 Club

SETX, it won't be long bud. Ur doing great things introducing her to the boat. I admire that and more importantly she will too.

Mines the one on the left and she loves daddy's gator tail boat.

Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:41 pm
MMT 1000 Club

I'll be honest, I'm just as proud of my wife as I am my daughter. My wife has probably the worst phobia of water I've ever known as she managed to not only allow me to bring our daughter but come with. Her words were, "you can't drive and hold her so I might as well suck it up and come take care of her because I know you're not going to be able to not take her." She's a trooper.

-Custom pool noodle
-stage 4 water wings

Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:00 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:09 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Played hookey from work today and went again. She's rarely awake when I leave for work in the morning but today she was up and playing in her bed when I walked in to kiss her bye. Her little arms instantly went up for me to pick her up and she squeezed as hard as she could around my neck. That was probably her first good "on purpose" hug. I damn near cried right there. No way in hell I was going to walk out and leave her. I called in, and we ate breakfast, watched a little Elmo and went to the water for a little while. Brought my umbrella, she played while I fished. Caught a little bream and swung it in the boat. As soon as it broke the plane of the side of the boat where it was in her line of sight, she instantly erupted in squeals and giggles. She was absolutely beside herself lol. We've gone to aquariums and zoos and she's seen fish but for some reason she was particularly amused today with one with no glass between her and it. Shortly after this we rounded everything up and headed back toward the truck. I came home and did a few things around the house and she napped.... Just had a great day for a change. I know I'm usually a bit long-winded for nothing but dads, I know some of you do this already but do yourself a favor and call in on a nice day for your little ones. I remember missing school a handful of times even up to Jr High age to go fishing with the ol' man. I recall learning more those days than I ever did in a classroom.

Didn't feel like this needed a whole new thread but hopefully it'll make somebody else who's been needing a day like this to finally slow down enough to do it.

-Custom pool noodle
-stage 4 water wings

Tue May 20, 2014 9:47 pm
MMT Addict

Tue May 20, 2014 10:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]