It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 My oldest daughter 
MMT Addict

Post My oldest daughter
My oldest (7yr old) told me shortly after I got the new boat, "dad we need to go boat riding,
Just me and you for some Daddy/daughter time". Couldn't argue with that, here is a couple pics

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:08 am
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: My oldest daughter
Man, that's what its all about right there.
My boy is 4 months old, and I already cant wait until hes asking to go out in the boat.
Teach em young!

Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:33 am
MMT Addict

Yes sir, that's my plan. It was definitely a proud moment. She loves riding and crabbing but has never asked for me and her to go alone

Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:58 am
MMT 1000 Club

Friggin awesome man. My 4yr old loves going with me and takes it personally when I can't take her with. She's in the boat when it's in the water more often than not. We were on a sugar fueled, Disney radio blaring quest last night for slimy green amphibians. She was right there with me every step until I loaded the boat at 4am, out since 10:30pm. As soon as she loaded up in her car seat, she was done. :lol: she made sure she perked up when we pulled into the Whataburger drive-thru :lol: :lol:

Take her every chance you get man. I've had some of our best memories out on the water doing nothing more than riding around looking at birds and picking flowers off lily pads. When the time comes it's where we will go to have serious talks and make big plans. She's always more engaged and attentive when we're on the water.

Sorry about the mini-thread jack. Seeing this stuff always makes me smile, and feel damned lucky we have the opportunity afforded by our hobby to be with our kids and thank the good Lord that I have what I have and who I have.

-Custom pool noodle
-stage 4 water wings

Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:42 am
MMT Sponsor

That is awsome! My 9yr old daughter is one tough cookie. My 10 yr old son is awsome but everyone told me girls are tougher than boys. Last night she cleaned about 15 bream to my sons 2, lol. When it comes being a tough outdoorsman never overlook the girls,lol

Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:50 am
MMT 1000 Club

You got it good there.

She will learn more with her daddy on these trips about life than she will learn in 3 years of school. Just teach her and all kids what you know about all things good. Your kids will turn out to be great.

hats off to you all, bring them first, then your buddies.

Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]