It is currently Sun Jun 09, 2024 3:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 My boys first duck hunt. 
MMT 1000 Club

Post My boys first duck hunt.

He was all into it at first light when we were spankin the birds but he got sleepy. :lol:

Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:04 pm
MMT Super Elite Member

Post Re: My boys first duck hunt.
Man, I miss those early days with my son. They are such troopers at that age trying to do everything just like dad. Hip boots up to his chin; every bird was a duck; excitement at every duck that was retrieved as though each were a Christmas present; the look of amazement when a flock of woodies landed on the pirogue we were in. Enjoy it while you can. They eventually grow up and have opinions.

“Wisdom is not just expertise. It is knowing how much of various areas of expertise you need to know in order to make the decisions that the world needs and that you want to do,” Columbia University President Lee Bollinger.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:37 pm
Profile WWW
MMT 1000 Club

Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:47 pm
MMT F.E.

Very nice. Thanks for sharing!

Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:10 am
MMT Pro Member

Thats awesome!!! My oldest has outgrown those days but my lil one is about there.

1644 Gator Trax...MB 27 mini (sold)
1654 prodrive....36 prodrive for & efi

Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:48 am
MMT Pro Member

now that im 22 and my Dad (dguid) is somewhere between his mid life crisis and retirement, it is the complete opposite. Even though He takes his naps in the boat, super glues his ass to the seat so he never has to get up, shows up to hunt in his ankle boots, and seems to think that every thing that goes wrong is my fault i still wouldn't trade it for anything. i still remember the hunts from my early years like they were yesterday. I thought every bird was a duck, and every time something moved in the woods it was a 10 pt buck. we had some good times in the woods. from the day my dad cut the stock on my 4-10 so i could reach the trigger, to the hunt when the woodies landed on the pirogue, the time i drove the truck off the levee into the flooded rice field, getting lost in the woods all night, watching my old chocolate lab jack climb a small tree to get a green head that was stuck in it. i will never forget those days and they molded me into the man i am today, I will have those memories for ever so take advantage if the time you have when they are younger because before too long your ass will be glued to the seat and they will be returning the favor by doing all the work that you cant do.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:29 am
MMT Super Elite Member

“Wisdom is not just expertise. It is knowing how much of various areas of expertise you need to know in order to make the decisions that the world needs and that you want to do,” Columbia University President Lee Bollinger.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:29 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]