It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 The Cajun Navy 
MMT Pro Member

Post The Cajun Navy
So a friend of mine has turned me on to the Cajun Navy dispatch channel and I am not going to lie... It makes me want to load up my shit and roll out. Any of y'all appart of or know about them? As organized as they are they have to have some sort of regular "membership". I am interested in getting my shit together so I can join in on the rescue/recovery efforts during the next event. I have seen first hand folks coming from all over to help strangers in need and if I can return the favor then sign me up. I am not on the facepage so if someone has any info, website, phone number or is part of tcn, please let me know. Thanks

Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:32 pm
MMT Pro Member

Post Re: The Cajun Navy
I know those boys did a TON of good during this storm. They positively affected thousands of lives. I listened on the dispatch and response channels some, especially the last day or two as the boat rescues were winding down, and heard some really idiotic stuff and people taking it too far. I shit you not one fella said "Yeah be careful out there everyone. I just had an ambulance driver assault me and I had to shoo him away with my gun."

There is a difference between responding to calls for help via boat when the professionals can't get there (and even assisting them if they request help) and trying to dress up and play hero for the day and interfering.

Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:03 pm
MMT Pro Member

Post Re: The Cajun Navy

Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]