It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Excel SWV4 CC with 44hdr efi ?????'s 
MMT Member

Post Excel SWV4 CC with 44hdr efi ?????'s
So like the title says, anyone got any experience with one of these excel rigs? There is one for sale close to where I live that 25k out the door. Seems to be well built but I know most guys on here don't like them, any real hard evidence as to why? How fast would this thing run? Has anyone tested the 44 efi yet?

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:20 pm
MMT F.E.

Post Re: Excel SWV4 CC with 44hdr efi ?????'s
Only thing I heard negative about them is they are heavier than most. Passed a few never rode in one. A center console is the bomb, would never have one with out it now!
At least a minimum 18x54 at the smallest if I were buying new. And if you are going to run in stumps a 3/16(.190) bottom is a must. IMO

Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:18 am
MMT Member

[quote="CypressCritter"]Only thing I heard negative about them is they are heavier than most. Passed a few never rode in one. A center console is the bomb, would never have one with out it now!
At least a minimum 18x54 at the smallest if I were buying new. And if you are going to run in stumps a 3/16(.190) bottom is a must. IMO[/quote
I would love to have a smaller mud boat and big cc for running the river, but I'm not financially able at this point. My wife would be able to drive the cc a lot easier than the tiller as well. Would you recommend getting a custom built boat over a mass produced one?

Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:38 am
MMT Member

[quote="CypressCritter"]Only thing I heard negative about them is they are heavier than most. Passed a few never rode in one. A center console is the bomb, would never have one with out it now!
At least a minimum 18x54 at the smallest if I were buying new. And if you are going to run in stumps a 3/16(.190) bottom is a must. IMO[/quote
I would love to have a smaller mud boat and big cc for running the river, but I'm not financially able at this point. My wife would be able to drive the cc a lot easier than the tiller as well. Would you recommend getting a custom built boat over a mass produced one?

Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:38 am
MMT 1000 Club

[/quote
I would love to have a smaller mud boat and big cc for running the river, but I'm not financially able at this point. My wife would be able to drive the cc a lot easier than the tiller as well. Would you recommend getting a custom built boat over a mass produced one?[/quote]

I'd go custom before Excel in a heartbeat.

Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]