It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 busting floton 
MMT 1000 Club

Post busting floton
for the last couple days I been busting an old trail that has completely overgrown with floton. can't bust it in forward, it just holds the boat up. got to bust it in reverse and chew it up. this is with my old 36 pd with 5k hours on the briggs. lol
for what I do it would suck to have one of those mudmotors with a pissy reverse.

I know i'm not in vouge with the flatbill wearing, level 10 modded, loud as frick, ride in your trails once you bust them, 40mph, look at me crowd, but damn, I beat that thing up this week and other than a couple pumps of grease and a quart of oil, it took it in stride. I love my 2:1 lower unit for chewing.

can't imagine the new 40, probly will chew a lot stronger. guess i'll find out when the current one blows up.

good luck with hunting season everybody, and enjoy whatever u got.

Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:44 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: busting floton
That is well said, for years I said that given the amount of vegetation and lillies on our old property, that the GTR and other reverses out there just wasn't cut out for the job. I was laughed at. It the "thrust" of the PD reverse that makes it what it is

Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:23 am
MMT 1000 Club

Yeah, you really can't beat that PD in reverse.

Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:13 am
MMT Addict

5K hours. Damn. If you do a write up with a little history and send it in to Briggs with pics and stuff you deserve a new powerhead. Or at least a discount.

Seriously, that's how I see it but I'm sure they won't see it that way.

After my dad retired from his career job, him and my uncle went into opart time/full time grass cutting and at the time YARD MAN mowers were popular and came with a KOHLER engine. They both had tach and hour meters, and cut 100's of hours per week for a few years. Everything on the mower from the belly, pulley system, and front ends were changed numerous times and then just fell apart. But the engines would fire up an purr like a kitten. I think they both had around 5k in hours as well.

Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:54 am
MMT 1000 Club

the first 2 prodrive engines I had were those 25 kholers with the spinning tops. I put 1500 hrs on each of them. they were still running fine when I took them off. I liked them.
the 27 kholer on my exmark lawn mower blewup at 600 hrs, go figure. lol

Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:34 pm
MMT 1000 Club

My dad has a 26 Koehler on an old sears tractor with 2600 hours on it and it runs like a top lol

Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]