It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 MB 35 HD on Tracker 1754.... need help on proper setup 

Post MB 35 HD on Tracker 1754.... need help on proper setup
Hello everyone.... im new to this page and in search for some help on where to start.

I have an 1754 tracker grizzly that we just placed a MB 35 HD on i’ve always used this motor on private ground and made short runs in deep water with vegetation. It never made any long trips so speed and optimal performance was never a big concern.

This pass weekend we took it on the river and backwater with a buddy that has been on many different mud boats and thinks the setup has to be wrong as it struggled to get out of the hole in on plane and a struggle to find a good spot while trimming out.

So please let me know what adjustments you think would help tune out this boat and motor combo a bit. Not look to race but would like to get to a least 20 mph in open water as we are going to start freelancing a couple weekends in the next couple seasons.

From what i’ve read so far, I hear that mod V’s are not the desired choice for mud motors. It’s also a high transom, but the motor is as well from what I was told. And the boat is heavy, we normally hunt 3-4 guys, gear and a dog. I’m open to trimming down the transom if needed, prop, etc... i’ve Added a couple pics to help everyone see the angles and height. Let me know if there is anything else that would help understand what’s going on. I’ll try to get a video this weekend.

Thanks Daniel

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:17 pm
MMT F.E.

Post Re: MB 35 HD on Tracker 1754.... need help on proper setup
So first, 3-4 guys with a stock 35 is a whole lot to carry. You may never get to that point without mods.

Second, what is the transom height on that boat? Maybe it’s just my phone not loading pictures well but it looks like you aren’t close to the relight transom height.

You can’t just slap a mudmotor on any hull and hope it works. The mod V is definitely not helping you but from what I can tell, it doesn’t even look like your prop is close to touching water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:12 am
MMT 1000 Club

If your pictures are accurate and you are indeed trimed all the way down, that transom is too tall.

Trimmed all the way down, that motor should almost be touching the ground.

Your motor looks like its a short transom motor, on a tall transom boat.

2nd of all, you will probably not be able to plane 3-4 grown men and gear without mods.

Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:29 am
MMT 1000 Club

That's a tall transom motor. There are 4 bolts on one side of the belt housing above the lower.
How high is your boat transom? Measure it from top to bottom. If it's more than 20-21" you'll need to cut it down to 20" for the perpendicular measurement.

Everyone that takes pics of their motor needs to do it like you did. Using the level, adding useful info, etc. Most of the time people just take a pic and you have to guess if you're seeing the actual height because it's taken at a wierd angle.

So, with 3 or 4 people, don't expect 20 stock. You need to get those heads freshened up, and shaved a bit, add a q exhaust or stay with the stock one (everything else adds a bit or a lot of noise), and add a carb. You don't have to go all out, but stock won't do what you're asking.

#CFFITR
#TheGhostBoat
#whoneedsphysicsihaveamudmotor

Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:45 am
MMT Pro Member

Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:57 am
MMT 1000 Club

Looks like a tall transom boat with a short transom motor to me

Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:39 am
MMT F.E.

Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:59 am
MMT 1000 Club

4 bolts (on 1 side, total of 8) on the mudbuddy is tall transom. 3 (6 total) is short.

#CFFITR
#TheGhostBoat

Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:49 am
MMT 1000 Club

The website says 21" for a tracker grizzly transom height. 2" would probably fix the running height of that setup, but because it's a mod v, it might take 3" to get the water mostly right at the prop. Also might need to shim the angle about 2* to get it to trim up a tad more. It's not a mud setup on that hull, so dig down won't be as important. If that's important to you, then you need a flat hull at the right transom angle and height so you can dig best and still run well in deeper water.

#CFFITR
#TheGhostBoat

Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]