It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 New Build 
MMT Member

Post New Build
Hey guys first post here after a bunch of lurking. I wanted to get some of your opinions on boat builders and who to look for. I have never ran a mud motor, so this will be a first. I've reached out to a few builders such as Uncle J and Prodigy, but am sure there are some I am overlooking and could potentially get a better deal. I am looking for something that will push a 4 man hunt load for sure so I think I am going to be going 18-54 minimum, maybe even 20-54 with a 40 hp. Any advice/opinions would be appreciated as I am not the expert

Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:26 pm
MMT F.E.

Post Re: New Build
Yea, go ride in one before dropping that kind of money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:49 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Deadfowl, prodigy, timber creek, uncle j.

I recommend finding a used one that'll do for a couple years before dropping a ton of money into something, because you're gonna find there are things you wish you'd done different based on how you use it vs getting what you think you want now and then the shiny wears off. Then, you can sink however much into whatever you really need and want and never have to replace it. Most of us that are extremely happy with what we have didnt start with our current boat. We've been through at least one or 2, and finally realized what we did and didnt need in a boat. Some people wind up downsizing or going much simpler with their custom build than they thought they needed initially.

#CFFITR
#GhostBoat
#Whoneedsphysicsihaveamudmotor

Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:26 pm
MMT Member

Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:22 pm
MMT F.E.

Yet you’re willing to gamble 25-30k on a boat/rig that you’ve never run and have no idea if it will perform the way you’d like? These aren’t outboards. They are significantly bigger headaches....

Just go ride on one first. Why do you think there are so many 1 year old rigs for sale on here frequently...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:30 pm
MMT Elite Member

Prodrive rig (period) not the fastest top speed but hauls the most. (The diesel of SD's)

Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:05 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Theres not a substantial enough difference in how they run between the pro drive and other options for that statement to be anything other than just confirming that would be your choice, will. ;)

And I do think they're a fine frame. Full power reverse is what sets them apart.

#CFFITR
#GhostBoat
#Whoneedsphysicsihaveamudmotor

Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:47 pm
MMT 1000 Club

The prodrive reverse is second to none and their props hold up better to abuse than any other brand imo. Prodrive props are like rock.

But on a different note, I don’t know a prodrive that can outrun me. If you think you have one, a case of beer is the wager gentlemen lol ( all in good fun) :D

Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:30 pm
MMT Member

LOL all I know is I’ve never posted just looked around for info, but y’all are some of the most brand loyal people bar none

Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:42 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Lol brand loyalty runs strong, but this i must say, the go devil has great reliability and holds up to everything. I had 3200 hours on my go devil with no problems when I sold it. Great motor. Every motor has its benefits. Gatortails are faster on the top end and easier to work on imo. Prodrives have the best reverse and are the best in the thick stuff. Go devils are in between those two and are very reliable. These of course are my opinions and some may have different opinions on my thoughts

Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:24 pm
MMT 1000 Club

And if you are in Louisiana, I got a boat builder that I can guarantee is cheaper than the brands you are looking at and should outperform everyone else forms fraction of the cost if you want me to send you contact info

Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]