It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 9:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Finally got my motor 
MMT Pro Member

Post Finally got my motor
Well after years and years of searching and lusting and whatever else i finally got my mud motor and a hull. I got it in a trade on my old boat.

Motor is a 06 MB 35 SD, baffles messed up old engine so guy had engine replaced under warrenty new engine has 6 hours on it. The hull is a 1654 grizzly, i am going to try and work some magic and get a hull that is made for it for sure.

Anyway i really couldn't be more happy with the set up, after a couple hours of stick time i am by no means a pro but i will never own another motor besides a mud motor. I attached some pictures. Looking forward to the summer now.

030109_0816[01].jpg

030109_0816[00].jpg

030109_0816[02].jpg

Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:31 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: Finally got my motor
Looks like a pretty nice rig you got. A few of my buddies have the 35 mb sd. I like them for a bit deeper water. But theres don't seem to run in the shallows (hard bottom) like my long tail. Maybe there just pussies.................. well they are a bunch of pansy asses. LMAO

One is on a 18' gd and the other is on a 16' gatortrax. I get left in there wake in the open water, but when it gets skinny and weed choked. I pass em by. So I do catch up, eventually. You should like the rig. Feels good when you finally get one doesn't it? I still can't get enough of mine. The thing freaks me out where I can go now. I'll never own another outboard, that I know. I may go with a surface drive in the future, but that's it.
Run the crap out of it that's what there for!
Smoke

BPS Swamp Staff Member
Blackwater Marine LLC.

Quote classic by rangerp: "Red seemed to be enjoying herself, and I assume by the look on her face was about to hit the high-note and throw a locate as she treed the possum."

Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:12 pm
MMT Addict

Congrats on your purchase, I am sure you will enjoy it and have fun on your quest for perfection. Keep us updated on your progress.

Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:59 pm
MMT Pro Member

not going to lie it feels real good. I would spend hours reading and what not about all kinds of MMs now i have one and can go run around myself. I am just searching for the right hull as of right now. Just have to sell the hull i have before i can get my overall setup complete

Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]