It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Pro-drive 36 on 1854 Pro-drive TDX 
MMT Member

Post Pro-drive 36 on 1854 Pro-drive TDX
Hello, I have recently purchased an 1854 from pro drive and had my 36 pro-drive (gen3) thrown on it.(motor is stock gen 3) The boat preforms 10x better then my previous boat which was a havoc when it comes to the shallows (obviously). I had a 3 blade prop from PD on my old boat but switched to a 2 on this one. I’m only getting 23 mph out of it with just me and my dog. Whenever I talked to KP about it he was thinking it should be closer to 25-27. I get 24 in shallows. From what I’ve seen from others with much similar setups I’m running 2-3 mph slower. My dealer is a joke where I live and are no longer on good terms with them. Got screwed over by them time and time again but continued to take it to them because that’s our only option. For example last year I had a problem in middle of season and was told it was clutch. He replaced clutch after 4 weeks and and charged us 700 and the problem still wasn’t fixed. Brought it back and he came to the conclusion it was just the clutch switch. Any advice on what the next step should be? Prop? Valves set? Rpms are ~4300. Thanks y’all hope I put this in the right place, new to this forum. Let me know if y’all need any more info. Also wanna add we got new spark plugs thrown on it recently because it was only runnin on 1.

Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:20 am
MMT Elite Member

Post Re: Pro-drive 36 on 1854 Pro-drive TDX
Check prop diameter.
Check valve lash.
Perform leak down test.

The Gen III LU is a slower setup because of the gear ratio. But, it’s a tractor in the thick stuff and for carrying a load.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:27 am
MMT Elite Member

Post Re: Pro-drive 36 on 1854 Pro-drive TDX
Probably leaking valves.

Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]