It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 I Would Like to Publicly Thank.... 
MMT Elite Member

Post I Would Like to Publicly Thank....
CALEN MIRE of CALEN'S ENGINE SERVICE!!!

If you have been following my "Sea Trials" (& Tribulations) Review, you are about to read...or have read about my Friday the 13th experience. Calen really helped me out when he was already snowed under with work!

Calen,

THANK YOU!!! for hooking a brother up on a Friday the 13th and on such short notice! Even though I had to make a three hour drive from Grand Isle, it was well worth the trip and you certainly helped me salvage a day that was going down the drain!

I appreciate you and "the other guy" (I am so sorry that I didn't even ask him his name!) taking the time to address the carburetor issue on my brand new Prodrive on such short notice. What I appreciated even more was how you and ("what's his name?") took the time to answer the questions (in great detail) I had and didn't mind me asking the questions while you were trying to work on my motor! :lol: I know I asked several questions that may have seemed trivial to you guys. But you certainly provided some very in depth, knowledgeable answers to each one of those questions.

Finally, when you diagnosed what the problem was, I appreciated the fact that you were 200% certain that was the problem...and so was I after seeing it for myself...yet, you still offered to put the boat in the water and give it a test run. I know I had just driven a long way and it would have been AWFUL to get back to Grand Isle and I am glad you recognized that!

And to everybody else I cut in front of to get this problem fixed, I am sorry I took Calen's attention away from your motors....the funniest thing about cutting in front of everybody else was that I recognized my uncle's boat as the one I cut in front of! Ya'll don't get upset with Calen for taking a few minutes to hook a guy up that was already 440 miles away from home with a brand new boat and motor that wasn't acting right! I still had two more days of "attempting" to fish. Not being able to keep the motor running below about 1800 RPM's sure was embarrassing at the marina and certainly didn't help out in the rough water!

Thanks, again, guys!! I can't say enough how much I appreciate your help!

Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:41 pm
MMT Pro Member

Post Re: I Would Like to Publicly Thank....
So what was wrong with it?

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:21 pm
MMT Elite Member

Good deal man.

Tapatalk 2

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:41 pm
MMT Elite Member

Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:17 pm
MMT Sponsor

All new motors I've bought have had the filter on em already.

Yeah, I hear that Calen feller is a purty good dude. 8-)

Killer Kallz & ANGLE PORT dealer
(409) 720-8949

Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:49 pm
Profile WWW
MMT Pro Member

Sorry to piggyback this thread but I have to also thank Calen. Just got my engine back over the weekend and had a chance to run it. What a difference between stock and Stage 1, the sound is great and response is awesome. Cant wait to load it up with a crew and run this weekend.

Not only was the workmanship first class, but his attitude is great. Originally he told me it would be about 2 weeks. I pressed him a bit and he called me back in 3 days...its done.

What a service. Thanks Calen!

Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:21 am
MMT Sponsor

I also want to jack this fella off. He is damn good at what he does. Always there when needed.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:29 am
MMT Elite Member

Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]