| MudmotorTalk.com http://www.mudmotortalk.com/mmt_v2/ |
|
| PD Cam http://www.mudmotortalk.com/mmt_v2/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=42549 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Machinist5381 [ Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:49 pm ] |
| Post subject: | PD Cam |
How hard is it to install a new BPS Cam in my 08 PD? I shaved my heads with no problems and I was woundering if I really need to bring it to someone or is it something I can do myself!!! |
|
| Author: | CJB [ Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:04 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: PD Cam |
Gotta pull the block off the frame for starters. |
|
| Author: | tchauvin [ Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:23 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: PD Cam |
Not bad, take ur time and u will be ok. Do it easy in a day... |
|
| Author: | bayouboy [ Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:44 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: PD Cam |
An 08 might give you a little trouble. some motors that old don't like to come apart. If you took care of it and sprayed it down with WD40 or some sort of corrosion inhibitor on a regular basis than you should be fine. Some times the clutch and spine adapter can be a bitch to get off. I'd soak the down now. Also its a good idea to go ahead and get new PTO oil seal. Remove the old one before pulling the crank case/sump so that you can clean the rust off the PTO/crank shaft before dragging it across your bearings. There's more but my lunch is getting cold. |
|
| Author: | Machinist5381 [ Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:29 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: PD Cam |
I helped my buddy change his clutch the other day and I soak my motor in WD-40 everytime I use it so I should be fine. Where is a good place to get a cam? |
|
| Author: | bayouboy [ Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:54 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: PD Cam |
All depends on what you want your motor to do? |
|
| Author: | flatboat [ Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:15 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: PD Cam |
| Author: | bayouboy [ Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:03 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: PD Cam |
| Author: | Machinist5381 [ Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:00 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: PD Cam |
| Author: | flatboat [ Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:45 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: PD Cam |
| Author: | bayouboy [ Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:59 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: PD Cam |
| Author: | Will [ Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:03 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: PD Cam |
| Author: | bayouboy [ Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:13 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: PD Cam |
| Author: | Will [ Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:37 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: PD Cam |
Well did you do it? |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 6 hours |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|