| Author |
Message |
|
banded-mallard
MMT 1000 Club
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:18 pm Posts: 4310
|
 Stock carb adapter for k&n
Is there any gain from doing this with the cone k&n. I still have my stock airbox with stock filter (minus foam prefilter).
|
| Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:49 pm |
|
 |
|
T-Bubba
MMT 1000 Club
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:43 pm Posts: 3958 Location: Centerville, La
|
 Re: Stock carb adapter for k&n
no just look cool 
_________________ I gave up mud motors
|
| Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:15 pm |
|
 |
|
tchauvin
MMT 1000 Club
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:23 pm Posts: 4898 Location: Bourg LA
|
 Re: Stock carb adapter for k&n
Maybe if you can find one for a 32 it may fit a round filter like you want. Not quite sure..im sure somebody tried it..
|
| Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:04 pm |
|
 |
|
T-Bubba
MMT 1000 Club
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:43 pm Posts: 3958 Location: Centerville, La
|
 Re: Stock carb adapter for k&n
gecker used to make one..
brads has one
_________________ I gave up mud motors
|
| Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:49 pm |
|
 |
|
swamprat26
MMT F.E.
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:01 pm Posts: 757
|
 Re: Stock carb adapter for k&n
Pull your air cleaner cover off and see if you pick up any rpms. I picked up 120. I drilled my stock air cleaner cover. On a inboard it doesn't get dirty like on a sd. Pulling the air cleaner with the cover removed equalled zero gains. The cover was my limiter.
|
| Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:53 pm |
|
 |
|
cb5331
MMT Super Elite Member
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:10 pm Posts: 16915 Location: Rowlett, TX
|
 Re: Stock carb adapter for k&n
I think al has one. My dad is running one they sell for kohlers on his 32.
With a couple other small things done to the carb, I think it helps. I ran the donaldson adapter on mine.
|
| Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:55 pm |
|
 |
|
tchauvin
MMT 1000 Club
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:23 pm Posts: 4898 Location: Bourg LA
|
 Re: Stock carb adapter for k&n
The stock filter is good for up to ~240hp...Thats without the cover on. Not sure if cover limits that. But the filter media can flow that much.
|
| Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:06 pm |
|
 |
|
swamprat26
MMT F.E.
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:01 pm Posts: 757
|
 Re: Stock carb adapter for k&n
Disclaimer : my results were not on a stock motor
|
| Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:08 pm |
|
 |
|
shooter
MMT Pro Member
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:59 pm Posts: 406
|
 Re: Stock carb adapter for k&n
_________________ 32 PD with EVT cam, decked heads, shaved pistons and not enough sense to leave things alone!
|
| Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:08 pm |
|
 |
|
banded-mallard
MMT 1000 Club
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:18 pm Posts: 4310
|
 Re: Stock carb adapter for k&n
I've seen it before. It made for the old Donaldson air filter I believe. But does it add value or it is a waste of time.
|
| Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:16 pm |
|
 |
|
SCSuperfly
MMT Pro Member
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:24 am Posts: 466
|
 Re: Stock carb adapter for k&n
I have the said 32hp carb and would love to get off of it cheap if any interest. PM me.
_________________ Modded 36 PD draggin' around an 1848 PD boat backwards!
|
| Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:56 am |
|
 |
|