| MudmotorTalk.com http://www.mudmotortalk.com/mmt_v2/ |
|
| Stock carb adapter for k&n http://www.mudmotortalk.com/mmt_v2/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=43627 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | banded-mallard [ Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:49 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Stock carb adapter for k&n |
Is there any gain from doing this with the cone k&n. I still have my stock airbox with stock filter (minus foam prefilter). |
|
| Author: | T-Bubba [ Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:15 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Stock carb adapter for k&n |
no just look cool |
|
| Author: | tchauvin [ Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:04 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Stock carb adapter for k&n |
Maybe if you can find one for a 32 it may fit a round filter like you want. Not quite sure..im sure somebody tried it.. |
|
| Author: | T-Bubba [ Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:49 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Stock carb adapter for k&n |
gecker used to make one.. brads has one |
|
| Author: | swamprat26 [ Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:53 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Stock carb adapter for k&n |
Pull your air cleaner cover off and see if you pick up any rpms. I picked up 120. I drilled my stock air cleaner cover. On a inboard it doesn't get dirty like on a sd. Pulling the air cleaner with the cover removed equalled zero gains. The cover was my limiter. |
|
| Author: | cb5331 [ Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:55 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Stock carb adapter for k&n |
I think al has one. My dad is running one they sell for kohlers on his 32. With a couple other small things done to the carb, I think it helps. I ran the donaldson adapter on mine. |
|
| Author: | tchauvin [ Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:06 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Stock carb adapter for k&n |
The stock filter is good for up to ~240hp...Thats without the cover on. Not sure if cover limits that. But the filter media can flow that much. |
|
| Author: | swamprat26 [ Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:08 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Stock carb adapter for k&n |
Disclaimer : my results were not on a stock motor |
|
| Author: | shooter [ Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:08 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Stock carb adapter for k&n |
| Author: | banded-mallard [ Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:16 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Stock carb adapter for k&n |
I've seen it before. It made for the old Donaldson air filter I believe. But does it add value or it is a waste of time. |
|
| Author: | SCSuperfly [ Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:56 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Stock carb adapter for k&n |
I have the said 32hp carb and would love to get off of it cheap if any interest. PM me. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 6 hours |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|