It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 23 HP Cam and Governor Questions 
MMT Member

Post 23 HP Cam and Governor Questions
Hey guys, just wondering has anyone ever had this happened to them and how they went about fixing it. This is on my 23 Briggs Go Devil Surface Drive that had a BPS crossover and a BPS 34mm Mikuni carb kit on it. Thankfully the governor weights didn't take out anything else, happened at low rpm and I shut it off right away. Do I really need those on the cam since the governor is already locked out on top of the case cover? Is there any way to take it off of the stock cam anyways? Or should I go with an aftermarket cam since it's this far torn down already? (Assuming I would need aftermarket heads then too...) Any help would be greatly appreciated! Pics should be attached.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:19 pm
MMT Sponsor

Post Re: 23 HP Cam and Governor Questions
You can remove the other weights by taking the small pins out. You can leave the retainer ring to keep it easy,, or take it off by grinding the big pins from the rear and tap them out. If pulling the retainer too I would take the cam out and be careful with the metal from the pin cutting. As far as the cam goes, sure heads would be a better match but if its out already... use the gov lock to lock fork against rear cover

Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]