It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Recommended Rev Limiter for Vanguard Mini 23?? 
MMT Member

Post Recommended Rev Limiter for Vanguard Mini 23??
Hey Folks,

I have a Mud Buddy Mini 23 that has high performance cams and muffler. Last season I threw a rod and had to replace the short block. I got it back and the motor runs fine until under a load or long periods of running full throttle where it seems to run hot and looses power. The motor runs like it is under incredible stress and seems to power down. The mechanic that worked on it put a new rev limiter on it, and it is a 5000-5200 limiter. I called Mud buddy yesterday with my issue not knowing exactly what I had and they recommended a 4600-4800 limiter. I have emailed them already this morning, but thought I'd throw it out here to see what you guys thought. Am I running the right limiter or is this my problem? Any thoughts on carb upgrades or propellers that might help my performance? My main concern is not blowing up another block. Motor is on a 16 ft. x 48" flat alumacraft. Thanks in advance for your comments.

Russ

Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:22 am
MMT Sponsor

Post Re: Recommended Rev Limiter for Vanguard Mini 23??
45/4600 limiter on stock rods imo.Double check valve adjustments. Make sure carb isn't jetted lean

Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:03 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: Recommended Rev Limiter for Vanguard Mini 23??
You say you have a cam and exhaust and mention a carb upgrade. Are you running an aftermarket carb?

Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]