It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Air Fuel Ratio and Wide band use.. 
MMT Member

Post Air Fuel Ratio and Wide band use..
Looking for some advice on which wide band/O2 sensor works best on these Briggs and maybe which ones y'all have experience using... Looking to purchase one to keep around the house and to help fine tune this modded 35 GTR..

Also, what afr range do we normally shoot for ?

Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:29 am
MMT Sponsor

Post Re: Air Fuel Ratio and Wide band use..
There are several available that work well. Do some tuning research and be aware of o2 placement. With some of the exhaust available its hard to get a clean reading. As you research you will start to understand what I'm talking about

Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:18 am
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: Air Fuel Ratio and Wide band use..
I've had good results using my FAST unit. ( fuel/air/spark/technology) It has dual or single readers and its got a fairly decent attaching method. But, make sure you get it tightened enough so it doesn't fly off the back of the boat. I now run a safety tether attached to it. :? The second time I used it and got everything adjusted I reached back loosened it up and grabbed the sensor without thinking about it. :shock: :o :oops: Sum bitch liked to burn my fingers off. Like a dumbass! I knew it was going to be hot af, but never thought about it. :lol: There are several out there to choose from besides the FAST.

FYI: I did have a tough time mounting it on a new style exhaust. Had to come up with a gerry rigged method on that one via. a large hose clamp.

BPS Swamp Staff Member
Blackwater Marine LLC.

Quote classic by rangerp: "Red seemed to be enjoying herself, and I assume by the look on her face was about to hit the high-note and throw a locate as she treed the possum."

Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]