It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 5:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Mud Buddy 35 HD Sport Electronic Rev Limeter 
MMT Member

Post Mud Buddy 35 HD Sport Electronic Rev Limeter
Got stranded today for the first time ever - motor ran fine. Got to the blind and then went to Re start it and nothing.

Luckily I had a small Minn Kota and was on a river and got back ok. When I got back I called Mud Buddy and they told me to check two green wires tapped into the black wire on the main harness behind the cover by the starter. I unplugged one and boom starts and runs fine.

Traced the wire back and it’s the Green wire coming out of the grey cable that goes down and screws into the electronic rev limiter. I had Mud Buddy install a Mikuni single on it two years ago.

So I put it all back together , check and don’t see any pinch marks or bare spots and it starts and runs fine.

Has anyone ever had an issue like this? Is it just a matter of the rev limiter needing to be reset? What causes
it to happen? Remember the engine was running fine and I shut it off - then wouldn’t restart so I wasn’t bumping against it.

I appreciate all the feedback I can get . Went to call Mud Buddy back and they are gone for the day.

Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:29 pm
MMT Sponsor

Post Re: Mud Buddy 35 HD Sport Electronic Rev Limeter
Verify you have good power and ground on the red and black wires to the limiter. If all checks out then u will new limiter. They do fail once in a while. Its electronic and these boats have vibrations.

Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:54 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Vibration eventually kills them. It can start doing that intermittently, but eventually it'll just stop working. the beauty is you can just eliminate it from the circuit and your engine will run fine, just no limit.

#CFFITR
#TheGhostBoat
#whoneedsphysicsihaveamudmotor

Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:57 pm
MMT Member

Thanks guys! I appreciate the feedback. Ordering a new rev limiter tomorrow.

Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]