It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Need help setting idle 
MMT Pro Member

Post Need help setting idle
Need help/advice for adjusting idle on my gdsd. I bought a tach so I could get it dialed in but got no idea where to start. I'm not even gonna pretend like I'm a motor man. 35 hp Gdsd

Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:33 pm
MMT F.E.

Post Re: Need help setting idle
viewtopic.php?t=71248

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:40 pm
MMT Pro Member

Post Re: Need help setting idle
Now that you have a tac, what's your current idle out of the water?

Just saw your other thread saying that it runs fine WOT. First thing after you check the idle with your new tac, is make sure your gas tank is vented. I have one of the new shitty EPA tanks that will blow up like road kill if you let it. First thing I do when launching the boat is unscrew the cap and leave it barely threaded so it can vent. If your still having issues, clean your carb (pilot jet especially).

Now if you still don't idle properly - follow that link and start messing with the linkage to reset it.

Since I mentioned the new EPA tanks I feel obligated to give you a public service announcement on how they can jack up your motor. When they balloon up, if your fuel line is connected to your motor, gas will flood your engine and jack some shit up. While fuel disconnects are frowned upon on this site, I use them to prevent this. This was especially important when I was storing my boat outside in the sun. Now might also be a good time to tighten and make sure all of your hose connections are tight, don't want any air getting in the lines messing up fuel flow.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]