It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 pro drive clutch failure 
MMT Pro Member

Post pro drive clutch failure
Screen Shot 2017-12-17 at 4.28.00 PM.pngrunning this morning I had the motor suddenly act like it was cavitating. Everything looked fine, but headed back to ramp to check it out. Seemed to self correct, so off we went. later in the day, same thing but this time had some metalic clinking coming out of it, spinning returned so put it on the bank and pulled the clutch cover off. Found at least 1 of the bands in pieces and ended up idling back to ramp. If I tried to take it above just off idle, it spun. No more metallic noise, but no ability to power up either. Anybody ever have these bands fail on them? I used this pic off the web to illustrate the bands, no comment on this make being faulty, not sure what clutch I have on here or why it failed.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:47 pm
MMT Elite Member

Post Re: pro drive clutch failure
Better get a new one coming.....

Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:15 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: pro drive clutch failure
sent you an email, because you limped back, the electromagnetic section of the clutch "should" still be intact and in good working order. When the coils in the magnetic section get exposed, it arcs off and frys the clutch. When its fried, you wouldn't be able to do shit.

IMG_3671.JPG

The "bands" that you are talking about on the piece on the left. Those extreme clutch are PD clones with a cooler running bearing. As long as the magnetic section still looks new and doesn't look like the piece on the right, then simply get the bottom section from someone who has a melted electromagnetic. the bottom section is simply the plate section that drives the lower and because the extreme is a clone, any PD clutch should fit it.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]