It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 32hp Prodrive Mod Help 
MMT Member

Post 32hp Prodrive Mod Help
As a few of y’all know, my 32hp stock prodrive is a turd on my 1854 prodrive hull. I’m thinking about a couple mods to help get more torque to get on top. I have searched and searched without much luck.

1. Will adding 36hp stock carb help? I also plan on gutting the stock exhaust along with having my heads shaved and I will polish/lap valves myself.

2. How do you block the governor? I see where mikuni kits come with a governor block, but I can not find any information.

3. Am I just wasting my time with this engine? Should I be hunting for a used 36hp block?

Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:43 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: 32hp Prodrive Mod Help
Get with Russ on here bro, he will give you some good info on mods and what direction to go if you want to get "staged up"

Hey Russ, "staged up" :lol: :D :D

Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:51 pm
MMT 1000 Club

It's not a waste of time, as it's the same block and heads as the 36. The carb to a 36 stock probably isnt worth the effort, but might help some. With headwork, as long as you dont do a cam, a mikuni tm-36 is a nice upgrade for cheaper than the 42, and works fine with an intake adapter and boot from performance vtwins. When you do the cam, the 36 mikuni doesn't flow enough volume to keep up with the valve timing and will run out around 4000rpms with increased flow. If a cam is in your future, stick with the larger carbs (42hsr, te smartcarb, hs40, keihin 39mm d slide, or one of the others in that size range). They just cost more and will benefit from one of the more expensive intake adapters. If you want more power (figure that work depending on amount of heads shaving and with no cam will get you close to high 30s to 40ish hp and better torque curve), it's probably gonna be more cost effective to start with a stock efi and do heads and exhaust, but not by much. I do have a spare crank out of a 35 if you decide you want to open it up and replace internals.

#CFFITR
#TheGhostBoat
#whoneedsphysicsihaveamudmotor

Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:31 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Oh, there's is a block with a pin coming out that clamps around the gov shaft to keep the gov gears from spinning apart inside the engine. It's only necessary if you remove the stock carb and linkages so the governor cant do its job with resistance from the throttle. If you go inside to do a cam or the internals, just pull the governor crap out and then you needn't worry about the block.

#CFFITR
#TheGhostBoat
#whoneedsphysicsihaveamudmotor

Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]