It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 gx390 stage one? 
MMT Member

Post gx390 stage one?
...i have a gx390 on a medium sps 100" kit...it does what i need it to do but maybe it can do it a bit better? so i'm reading up on a stage one mod...help me out here

- is there a difference in a k&n filter that is fully open and one that sits under the stock air filter cover in terms of better air flow? how does the kart-angled one do in heavy rain and snow on the water?

- i talked with robertsons and they recommend the loop header...i need a muffler or at least a spark arrestor with that right? a short header won't do...or won't do as much (just looking at the basic hop up kit on nrr racing)?

...how much will this gain me?

...i also opened the throttle stop just a bit but haven't had it on the water with this mod yet...gonna hurt the engine?

thanks

Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:31 am
MMT Pro Member

Post Re: gx390 stage one?
sell the 390 and go to a v twin. Briggs makes a nice 16hp v twin.

I was in the same boat as you and I could have had the v twin for right near the same price as a modded 390

Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:12 am
MMT Member

Post Re: gx390 stage one?
...390 works great on my small boat...390 is already too big...already have a twin on a larger application...just asking a simple question about the 390 about the filter and a header and objective performance...thanks

Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]