It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 results from new heads 
MMT Pro Member

Post results from new heads
I just installed new heads from Will C on my MB 35. It already had a mikuni carb. The motor sits on an Alweld 1648 with a hunt deck. So far I have only been able to test it out with me, my blind and a light load.

The difference that I was able to see without much of a load was minimal. My RPMs at WOT went from about 4100 to 4400. Top speed went from about 27 mph to 28-29 mph. I am running a big blade without any work done to it. I have one on the way from Baggy. It should be here next week sometime.

I was adding this mostly to help with larger loads (although usually it is just a two man load). I was hoping to pick up more than a couple mph. However, If I can plane out with three guys, my 90 pound dog, and a hunt load I will be very pleased.

Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:39 pm
MMT F.E.

Post Re: results from new heads
You will feel a healthy difference in load carrying. That’s the really dramatic benefit I found quickly with mine when I installed marcus’ heads on mine with a stock carb and stock exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:56 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Heads woke my motor up. Quite happy with the load carry on a 1760 and 18doz decoys hunt gear and 3 of us.
Will C makes them good :)

Support your troops. We support you.

B.

B. MacDonald

Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:13 am
MMT Sponsor

Not bad but thats on the lower side for that setup. Holler at me sometime, let's talk tuning

Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:20 pm
MMT Pro Member

Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:12 pm
MMT Pro Member

Although it was a cold rainy day yesterday, I had a couple friends who still wanted to go for a ride.

3 guys (200+ each), a soaking wet blind, hunt load, 90 pound dog, and a couple gallons of rain water. Before the new heads it would not plane out. I was able to get on plane with this load now. I'm not sure of my speed. if I had to guess I was probably going 22. It probably took four boat lengths or so to plane out.

Overall I am happy with the improvements. I am sure it will only get better with a worked prop.

Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:19 am
MMT 1000 Club

Run it empty and loaded and get rpms at best speeds, send your prop to baggy, and you willl see good results

Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:59 pm
MMT Pro Member

I had a chance to run it with a worked prop.

With a lighter load that consisted of my blind, couple dozen decoys, me, wife, and 2 boys (about 500# of body weight) I was able to hit 29 mph. I am not sure about RPMs. It was to dark to see my tac.

The following day I was going to run it with just me and the blind, but my younger son wanted to go for a ride (couldn't tell the little guy no). He is only 65#, but I figured if he is going I would bring my dog (90#s). The speed still maxed out at 29 mph 4400 RPMs.

I think when it is just me and I have the blind removed it will hit 30 MPH. That won't happen anytime soon though. The river has started to freeze over and temps only seem to be getting colder.

I am still really happy with the improvement Will C's heads gave me. Before that the boat topped out at 27 MPH with nothing but myself in it. Carries a load a TON better.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]