It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Basic MB 23 Mods 
MMT Member

Post Basic MB 23 Mods
Hi all,

Been searching a lot around here recently for mods for my 23hp. I currently have mine mounted on an older 1648 modv so I know I’m losing performance there, but seems plenty of people are getting much better speeds than I’m seeing. With 2 guys and 2 gigs and a hunt load it just want to plow water. With out the hunt load it runs pretty good but still seems like I could get some more from it. I don’t use the boat a ton, but when I do I’d like it to be a little better. Would a gutted exhaust, air box mod with k&n, decked heads with upgraded valves give me any noticeable gain? It seems the go to is carb kit, exhaust, heads and cam. I was hoping to leave the governor alone and use the factory air box. Or am I just waist of time with the heads if I don’t go cam as well? Boat is used at 4500 ft of elevation if that makes a difference.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:09 pm
MMT Sponsor

Post Re: Basic MB 23 Mods
Keeping it simple would be a good set of heads, exhaust, intake work and carb tuning on the factory carb.. The carb tuning would be difficult unless your a serious gearhead. Yes you can buy the full combo kit but I'm not impressed with what's available.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]