It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 37Hp ProDrive issues 

Post 37Hp ProDrive issues
So just recently I developed a problem where I turn my key and you hear the fuel pump kick on and the tach light up but the key will not fire up the starter. I have to turn the key back and forth and hit the momentary switch a few times before the starter will actually do anything. Sometimes I do this for a minute. Sometimes 10 minutes. Eventually I can get it started though. I have noticed the engine light blink occasionally. Any ideas what could be going on? Maybe the neutral safety switch if there is one?

Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:12 am
MMT F.E.

Post Re: 37Hp ProDrive issues
Possibly either a bad switch or a bad connection on the back of the key switch/momentary/clutch switch/kill switch.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:09 pm
MMT 1000 Club

yea, sounds like a bad connection somewhere or a bad switch. start at the battery and work towards the key switch. or vice versa. probly something you can find pretty easy. could be a bad wire or loose ground.

I had a bad fuse holder the other day. had me dead in the water till I bypassed it.

good luck.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:43 pm
MMT Elite Member

check the yellow wire from the EFI harness to the starter spade terminal for a good connection.

Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:14 am

I’ll pull out the volt meter and start checking things. Thanks and I’ll let you know what I find.

Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:40 pm
MMT Member

i have a gen 4 prodrive with the ecotron efi kit. i recently changed the pressure regulator, all fuel lines, plugs, oil, fuel filter and adjusted valves and magneto armature. it allways had a rough idle. After doing all that it runs and idles great on the trailer in and out of gear. once i put it in the water it will throttle up out of gear but not in gear. i noticed the mil light is blinking 6 times with about a 3 second pause and then 3 times. it has a brand new battery also. can anyone help. thanks

Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]