It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Performance Mods 

Post Performance Mods
Does anyone know of any other websites besides backwater performance to order parts from (cam, heads, pistons, etc)?
I have a spare 35 Vanguard that id like to experiment with and I would like to piece it together myself not just buy a kit. thanks for any info.

Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:57 am
MMT Pro Member

Post Re: Performance Mods
Will C or Marcus (Bayou surface drive) on here,Willey fast,Delta performance,Performance v twins,there is a bunch more.

Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:39 pm
MMT Elite Member

problem with piecing together a kit you know nothing about setup. valve events should match cylinder heads to some extent. Making sure the valve geometry is correct for the valves/ cylinder heads you choose. Ordering parts and slapping them together without measuring clearances, actual compression ratio, and the correct assembly process is a recipe for disaster most of the time. If you want to experiment I will suggest learning as much as you can. Sure these are similar to auto engines, BUT we do not have regulated cooling systems so CR to fuel type isn't the same.
My advice is to try things, and learn from your mistakes. You will get there but it takes time. mix matching parts can work, IF you actually "BUILD THE ENGINE" don't just assemble it.
ALSO make sure the tuneup is RIGHT.

Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:04 am
MMT Pro Member

Order a level 3 kit from delta performance and install yourself. It’s pretty straight forward if you have any mechanical aptitude.

Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]