It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Throttle help 
MMT Member

Post Throttle help
First off thank for any help . Well I’m going out bowfishing tonight . I have a 36hp prodrive gen2 2011. Before I go I would like to fix the throttle . It’s hard to turn it does but it’s stiff. I have looked at it and can figure out the problem or how to solve it . I feel like the twist grab need some sorta lube internally. And may help ASAP with this matter would make my night

Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:09 am
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: Throttle help
Cable lube? Sometimes the throttle cable is your issue. If you unhook the cable from the grip, figure out which one is stiff. You can move the butterfly on the carb to see if the cable slides easy once its unhooked from the grip, and turn the grip without any resistance form the cable. Identify the source of the stiffness first, then go from there.

#CFFITR
#GhostBoat
#Whoneedsphysicsihaveamudmotor

Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:38 pm
MMT Elite Member

Prodrive tiller handle is a rod inside a pipe riding on rubber bushings, sometimes gunk can build up there. Unbolt the end opposite of the handle, pull out the shaft and lube the bushings. Reinstall.

Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:31 pm
MMT Member

Thanks for the help . It was the rod I the tiller handle . Cleaned it and lubed it and went on out for a successful night till a storm moved in on us

Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]