It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 23 Stage 1 mod questions 

Post 23 Stage 1 mod questions
1. Starboard valve cover has a breather tube that went into air filter before. With mods of heads, minkuni, and crossover exhaust should this be left open, covered, or plugged. Feel like I’m loosing some back pressure.
2. Confirming Valve lash is the same for both valves?
3. Where do you connect the positive lead for the rev limiter. Instructions say to attach to circuit breaker but there is none. Do I just go to positive lead from Battery that is attached to solenoid?
It runs but still not dialed in. When idle is set to 1200ish it’s bogging when our in the water. It also seems to be “loading” some while running. Upside even running rough picked up an additional 5 mph. Can’t wait to get it dialed in. Thanks for any insights you might share. Please ask the questions Of the details I may have left off.

Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:59 pm
MMT Sponsor

Post Re: 23 Stage 1 mod questions
The tube off of the valvecover is the crankcase vent hose, u can route it back to your airfilter, ziptie it and leave it open or put a small pcv filter directly on the valvecover. For the 12v hot wire to run a rev box, tie into the grey wire coming from ignition switch. The drivability and tuning may take a little work

Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:21 am
MMT Pro Member

Post 23 Stage 1 mod questions
.004-.006 on both valves with stock cam.

Unless you have a lot of experience tuning a carb, invest in an o2 sensor and the exhaust clip for it to dial in your carb. Or take the boat to one of the builders on this site to have them dial it in. It’s cheap insurance to know your carb is tuned right for your motor and you aren’t going to lean it out. The mikuni kit I got from BPS had a 180 main in it. Mine needed 270 to get right. Every motor is different.

I’ve got a good pic of where all the rev limit wires go, I can dig it up and send it if you don’t figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]