It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 9:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Fuel Issue on 1748 w/27 Kohler HD Sport 
MMT Member

Post Fuel Issue on 1748 w/27 Kohler HD Sport
Got the boat out today and took it for a drive and all things seemed good but then the motor cut out on me. I looked at the fuel line Bulb and it was completely collapsed and would not re-inflate. Pulled the line off the fuel filter and that didn't help at all. So, we unhooked the line at the gas tank (mounted up front with what must be at least 20 feet of fuel line to the back) and the bulb re-inflated. So, we hooked the line back to the tank and squeezed more gas out to see if the bulb would re-inflate and it did. So, I hooked it back to the fuel filter and was able to pump gas into the filter and the engine started up and ran fine so I could get to the launch.

Just wondering if this is something that I need to be concerned about? Please advice as I have no idea what could be wrong. Thanks in advance.

Chad

Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:00 pm
MMT Super Elite Member

Post Re: Fuel Issue on 1748 w/27 Kohler HD Sport
Make sure you leave the vent open on your gas tank. I'm thinking you ran out of air in the tank. If there is no air on the back side to push the gas through, that could cause your problem. When you disconnected the line from the tank, it allowed the tank to fill back up with air, and released the suction on the line. The bulb is designed not to let air back through the wrong way, thats why the suction did not release when you disconnected the fuel filter.

If the bulb seems to be working fine now, I would be inclined to think your ok. Bulbs are pretty cheap though if its gonna worry you that you didn't "fix" anything.

Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]