It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Need help on upsizing 
MMT Member

Post Need help on upsizing
I have been running a 1646 Xpress v front flat bottom with a 20 hp Go Devil for 10 years. I used in for marsh hunting and it functions with 2 guys for that situation, however with a full load of equipment or with 3 guys it drafts more than desireable and doesn't get up on plane. It also is small enough that with a little help I can offload it in shallow water without floating it.

Since then I have started doing some lake and river hunting and would like to upsize. I also want this rig to double as a fishing boat.

I am thinking about an 1860 and a 35 hp surface drive.

Advice please.

Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:59 pm
MMT Pro Member

Post Re: Need help on upsizing
First of all, where are you located ?

Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:22 am
MMT Member

18X48 WITH A PRODRIVE

Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:08 am
MMT Elite Member

I hear that the GDSD's run better on a wider boat. But a 60" bottom seems like a bit of an over kill. imo

Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:53 am
MMT 1000 Club

I got a 2054 and can run in creeks around here behind the 48's all day, but the down fall to the long wide is you can not turn around you have to back out......and when you stick it on dry ground you are not going to push it off alone.... set her on dry ground 2 times last weekend and had to winch the front around to start cutting a trench.

My next boat will be at 1860 or 2060 but i hunt lakes and fish with the kids and i want it to draft as little as possible.

If you live close come buy my Hull its already broke in and ill cut you a great deal if i can keep it till my new rig comes in.

Later and good luck.........remember to each his own.....

The Breast Cancer site is having trouble getting enough people to click on it daily to meet their quota of donating at least one free mammogram a day to an underprivileged woman. Go here and click on the "donate a mammogram". This doesn't cost you a thing. Their corporate sponsors/advertisers use the number of daily visits to donate mammogram in exchange for advertising.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com

Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]