31 hp. mudbuddy hd with 112 hrs. ( 06 )
gav. trailer
$ 7200

Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:45 pm
MMT Elite Member

Post Re: is this a ok deal?

Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:53 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Location: Unaffiliated, SETX group has caused me to renounce my Texas Citizenship
Seems a little high.

I would think you should be able to buy that set up for $6000-6500

Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:38 am
It also has gun box / dry storage box, front spot lights & push pole. No floatation with round chines. Never delt with mud boats before so anyone else have a imput? Thanks

Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:16 pm
MMT 1000 Club

doesnt sound like a screamin' deal, but at the same time not a bad deal either!

Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:18 pm
MMT 1000 Club

I think if you take your time, you can find a better deal. Green and Silver had a good boat for sale in the clasifieds. It sold in a hurry.

Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:51 pm
Profile WWW
MMT 1000 Club

Buddy just got a 1648 DT loaded with 24 beaver on it for 3600 with 15 hrs on it.

not the same rig but the 24 LT is better than that 31 in my opinion.

The Breast Cancer site is having trouble getting enough people to click on it daily to meet their quota of donating at least one free mammogram a day to an underprivileged woman. Go here and click on the "donate a mammogram". This doesn't cost you a thing. Their corporate sponsors/advertisers use the number of daily visits to donate mammogram in exchange for advertising.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com

Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:38 pm
Why do you think a 24 lt. would be better than a 31 short shaft?

Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:57 pm
MMT 1000 Club

If i am running a motor thats going to kick my butt like a LT it might as well be a longtail.

The Breast Cancer site is having trouble getting enough people to click on it daily to meet their quota of donating at least one free mammogram a day to an underprivileged woman. Go here and click on the "donate a mammogram". This doesn't cost you a thing. Their corporate sponsors/advertisers use the number of daily visits to donate mammogram in exchange for advertising.

Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:12 pm
I never had a mud motor, i just thought all short tails ran better/easer to drive then a lt.

Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:51 pm
MMT 1000 Club

If you have never had on then don't listen to anyone without driving them all..................and never listen to me..im not normal!

Good luck but that rig is not a great deal.

Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:08 am
MMT Addict

Huntman, that 31 Briggs Hyper is not a bad motor. And I would definitely have one over any longtail unless I was planning to constantly stick the boat on stumps. I ran MB Hypers for 3 years.

I have owned 3 GT boats and the round chine hull along with that 44" widths should be a nimble little speed demon. That would be a good two man rig. I run 18 footers for the amount of crap we take and also for the occasional third guy we put in the boat.

It would help to know if you intend on running timber, big water, marshland, or a combo of these.

If you are not ready to pull the trigger immediately, you could also keep your eye out for a used rig with a PD and Full Power Reverse. That feature is why I now run one of these motors.

But to each his own.

Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:51 am
Well i hunt small rivers/creeks with alot of sharp turns. It also has alot of stumps/logs when the water gets low. I also bought a 25 hp. lt go devil about 10 mo. ago that i still have.

Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:17 am
MMT Addict

Tight turns at speed is where the round chined Gator Trax will shine. Nothing turns at speed like a round chined boat. There are ways to overcome this with harder chined boats but it involves letting off the gas, letting the boat "set" into the turn and then dropping the hamer again. With the round chine boat you would be able to stay at throttle / speed.

The longitudinal bracing and .0125 hull will hold up well to the diet of stumps you anticipate hitting where you run.

I would be a bit concerned on rivers if the hull is a commercially rated one instead of one with flotation. In the Gator Trax world, flotation boats are called "Mudbuddy Editions". I like the idea of flotation if you are on moving water and swamping is a possibility. But to each his own on that question.

The round chine GT boats will slide off of stumps and knees pretty well if you are running into and over them.

If you like the boat in question here, I would try to get the guy down a bit in price, just for giggles. When new, that was probably a $10.5 to $11K rig including trailer.

Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]