It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Help! active duty military trying to price a surface drive 

Post Help! active duty military trying to price a surface drive
Hey guy, Im active duty in specops, stationed in va beach. I grew up in FL and I'm attempting to purchase my first surface drive rig. Im not looking to get gnats ass just a round about so i could have some kind of idea what I'm looking at. I recently found a 2013 1648 welded flat bottom boat with a 2013 25hp GTR (190hrs). I looked at and drove it, no issues. I have no idea or a basis to know what kind of price is reasonable. Please help me out guys. Thanks in advance.

Shawn

Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:51 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: Help! active duty military trying to price a surface dri
Was it a Gatortail hull?

If so here is a link you might find useful.

http://gator-tail.com/package-deals/

Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:17 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Who do you serve with in the VA Beach area? Having just left active duty, most likely the price for a used motor will be no different for military than anyone else. Most people selling their motor or rig need the money for something else or are trying to get out from a payment. You may catch that rare individual who sells new motors or boats that will cut you a discount. I know Cabelas gives military discounts.

Pretty easy to answer your own question there on that actual worth of a used motor.

Visit the web pages of Go-devil, Gator Tail, ProDrive, Mud Buddy, Copper Head and price the size motor you are looking for. Once you know what a new motor costs, it should be pretty easy to guess what that same motor with a few years worth of use would be.

You can also look at the classifieds on here and see what used motors cost, what a used boat cost, and what a package deal costs.

Gator Tail XD 37 EFI -Delta Performance Level 3

Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:58 pm
MMT Member

If you figure out what kind of motor you want, you may want to simply call up a dealer and ask them what you should expect to pay for a specific brand/age/hours motor. I purchased my hull through Illowa in Clinton, IA and my motor at Dave's Marine in Ft. Madison, IA. I knew I wanted the Pro-drive Dave's had, so I simply asked the guys at Illowa what a fair price was. Both places were in the same ballpark, so I figured I was paying a fair price for the used motor.

Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:59 pm
MMT Member

Do yourself a favor and don't even try duck hunting back bay if that's where you're going with this.. VA Beach waterfowl hunting is severely overcrowded. Unless you have an "in" with someone who owns a blind already, floating or building a blind are almost pointless to attempt. I would go more north on the Eastern Shore and find spots along the coast. VB is just too saturated with hunters

Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]