It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 THE UPGRADE 
MMT Member

Post THE UPGRADE
Back in 2012 one of my retired fellow Firefighters invited me on a duck hunt. I was a deer hunter that raised my boys in the woods and was always told if I ever went duck hunting that I would never hunt another deer. I thought that was a crazy statement so I accepted the invite and found that statement to be true. I became an instant duck hater and wanted to kill every duck I saw.

I figured out real quick that I needed a boat that would get me to the ducks. I had a bud that had one of those things called a mud boat and I figured it was my best option so I got one.

His was a Prodrive so I figured I would get one too. It was March of 2013 by then and I ordered a Prodrive 1754 CC with a Gen 2 36hp. One of the last Gen 2's, thank God. It was a good running rig and served me and my 2 boy's well.

Fast forward to 2016. My boys were grown up and doing there own thing so I started hunting with my bud that put me on the Prodrive and 4 other fellas. Him and another bud both had Prodrive's. The blinds we hunt didn't allow my CC boat to work so I converted to a tiller. I had just found out about MMT so I was able to sell my CC and purchase a tiller with installation through it.

My boat did not perform in the veggies near as good as my buds boats. They both have 1848's with Gen 2 36 hp stockers. The best performer was the oldest one and it was a square chine. I knew I needed to make a change and I didn't want to mod my engine. So I sold my rig. 12,500.00 fair price both ways for you folks pricing a used rig.

So I started reserching, reading threads on here as far back as I could. I knew that I wanted to stick with Prodrive for my motor because of the FPR. Another bud in my group has a GT 1754. He's a little faster but...

After all the research and talking to everybody that I could, I decided to go with a custom build. One name stood out above everybody. UncleJ! So I made the call.

I knew what I wanted and after spending 45 minutes on the phone with Jason, I was ready for the build. He sent me an email with all the specs on it and I mailed him a check the next day. He called me 2 days later and said I was on the list. He told me it would be a while before he could start mine because his list was long.

1848 bateau square chine, 3/16 bottom,3/16 transom 20 inch high, 1/8 sides 24 inch high, 5ft. Front deck with 12gal fuel tank and two battery trays under it, pipe front, 4 inch cat walks with 2 can holders, open floor with a built-in driver box in rear, removable utility box and fully turf'ed, switch panel with fuel gauge on the other side for visibility and away from me while driving.

7 weeks later I get a text with some pics of the build. Dude I was pumped. A few days later he sent me another pic keeping updated. Then it was off to the painter.

Jason picked my motor up from Prodrive on the way to the painter and had it installed for me. He is the man! We had one glitch come up. The Hydro turf color was on back order so Jason went above and beyond to keep me happy and upgraded my turf to a different color and I love it.

Jason called me last week and said my boat was coming back from paint and it would be ready on Friday. So I got on the road. Man... I saw that boat on the lot and my jaw dropped. Jason built the perfect boat. Everything was just as I asked. He went above and beyond and I couldn't be happier.

I will post a review on it within the next week so y'all be lookin for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:46 pm
MMT Sponsor

Post Re: THE UPGRADE
Good lookin

Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:34 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Man that thing looks good.

Mine will be ready on the 16th. I was scared that you might have walked over and pissed in my boat, but I figure that GTR XD may have scared you off.

Gator Tail XD 37 EFI -Delta Performance Level 3

Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:11 pm
MMT 1000 Club

I think your going to like that new prodrive . I rode in woodie busters at caddo, had like 2 hours on it, it impressed me. Seems a nice improvement . Enjoy the boat , J builds a good rig.

H Finn

18x54 Uncle J -GTR - with the koolaid
Back H2o SWOMP 23 SS stage 2 15x36 GD Duck Skiff GATOR
GATOR GLIDE PROSTAFF
BACKWATER PROSTAFF
http://www.gatorglide.com

Coupe rest in peace brother

Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:15 pm
MMT 1000 Club

18x54 Uncle J -GTR - with the koolaid
Back H2o SWOMP 23 SS stage 2 15x36 GD Duck Skiff GATOR
GATOR GLIDE PROSTAFF
BACKWATER PROSTAFF
http://www.gatorglide.com

Coupe rest in peace brother

Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:15 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Dad gum, now I am going to have to disinfect it after that thought.

I like how the paint on the motor matches the boat.

Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:25 pm
MMT Member

Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:12 pm
MMT F.E.

Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:23 am
MMT Elite Member

Don't worry about somebody taking a leak in your boat.....

Uncle J is gonna leave his trademark on all y'all's boats! LOL

Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:35 am
MMT 1000 Club

I want to see some reviews on the boat and the motor.

Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]