It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Getting up on plane fast? 
MMT 1000 Club

Post Getting up on plane fast?
Sometimes I get up on plane quick, sometimes it takes more space and I end up revving the motor.

Still trying to figure the best setting on the trim and how much throttle to give.

Gator Tail XD 37 EFI -Delta Performance Level 3

Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:26 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: Getting up on plane fast?
Could it be shallow vs deep water, or carrying more weight, where the weight is in the boat? Lol I'm still learning on mine also! I've been setting my trim to where I get the best speeds and leaving it there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:51 pm
MMT 1000 Club

If the prop feels like it's "spinning out", a good prop guy is recommended. Cup, pitch, rake, all play a factor in getting on plane quicker, top speed, load carrying, etc. Regardless of engine mods, the prop should bite the whole way up to plane. How much is dependant on how many rpms your engine needs to get the boat moving. How quickly it gets on plane is dependant on the combo of the power of your engine at various rpms, the prop grabbing the water and shoving it, and the resistance the load of your boat is providing. Depending on your needs and engine, it may be best to prop it to grab from 2k to 3300 rpms, but your top speed will suffer because it won't have as much pitch. Some prefer that top speed number, so it won't bite as hard down low because it won't have as much cup, but will do better if you spin it up. Some engines have enough power that you can have both plenty of cup and pitch to get good holeshot regardless of what rpms you're spinning, and still have plenty of pitch left to run good on top. Rake plays a factor in boat angle (bow lift, stern lift) and some boats get out of the hole faster with bow lift, and some with stern lift. Rake also has an effect on top speed. That's why it's a good thing to have a prop guy that understands what you want, and how to get that out of your engine/boat combo with prop adjustment. Blade count and blade size matter too. It's a game some are good at, and some aren't.

#CFFITR
#TheGhostBoat
#whoneedsphysicsihaveamudmotor

Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:29 pm
MMT F.E.

Mine does that if I have been running and have trimmed motor to run fast. If I don't trim down before taking off again it does "break loose" for a few seconds, motor rpms go up, then its like a passing gear it takes off. Ain't gonna win any drag races but it still chops the shit!

Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:56 am
MMT Pro Member

Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:35 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Chris Courville (LaProp on here). 3372sevenseven2852

I hear baggy does good work, but I've never used him and don't have a contact number.

#CFFITR
#TheGhostBoat
#whoneedsphysicsihaveamudmotor

Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:04 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]