It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Blind grass 
MMT Member

Post Blind grass
Always bought my blind grass from fleet farm. This year they have changed to Tanglefree brand and it has much thinner leaves and the density is also much thinner. What are you guys using and what has worked and wore the best for you ?

Thanks

Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:30 am
MMT Pro Member

Post Re: Blind grass
Bought some from bass pro the other night, red head brand. It was on sell for 30$ a box, seems to be decent quality and covered my boat well.

Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:25 pm
MMT F.E.

Quackgrass.net

Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:57 am
MMT Member

Tikishackimporter.com lots of widths and continous lengths. These matts are tge same as the original fastgrass mats just in widths and lengths.

Just like when we useed the original fast grass we string it up and hose it down with water a couple of times, soak it. And let it dry and season if you will in the sun and it turns a GREAT color for marsh use.

Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:43 am
MMT Pro Member

Our grass is the best we have found. Every other grass out there is extremely dry, and brittle causing it to fall apart within a season.

Most of our customers get at least 7 years out of our grass, and some, many more.

Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:31 am
MMT Pro Member

Grass matts or raffia grass. If you want raffia J stern is the place.

Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:31 am
MMT Pro Member

I haven't seen the Tanglefree grass and don't know where they get it so I can't really comment on it. But, I will say this. The original FastGrass from Knutson's is made from thinner leaves and it holds up a thousand times better than the other imitation brands. The broader leaf stuff is crap. It breaks down, the leaves break, and you end up with crap all over your boat and have to replace it every couple years. The original FastGrass is not only still in use on my boat after several years, I've actually taken it off a blind on my old boat and re-used it on the new boat. That stuff never breaks down. If the Tanglefree stuff is the same stuff, buy it and don't look back.

Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]