It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Surface Drive-Flood or Spot Lights 
MMT Member

Post Surface Drive-Flood or Spot Lights
I am looking for advice or opinions based on experience..

What type of light system works best on a surface drive boat. I am looking at a Rigid 10" spot/flood combo or two individual rigid spot lights. Does anyone have any experience with these or can recommend a better set up. I am going to make the light mount quickly removable.

Thanks ahead of time for the comments.

Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:37 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: Surface Drive-Flood or Spot Lights
I got a 20" light. AR from Amazon and put it up on a pole for running the river.

Light bars can be had for so cheap now that it hardly hurts to experiment.

If you are going rigid it will be spendy, and lots of guys mount them on the front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:00 pm
MMT Member

I have two "8 spots on the front and two floods on the rear. I like the spots in the front because they work better in the fog. The floods on the back work great for backing up to the ramp in the dark and setting decoys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:53 pm
MMT Pro Member

I have big off road floodlight I put on a helmet with battery clips and a long cable that way i can clip it on my trolling moter batterys up front also if i need light up front i can point light wherever I need it I like it way better than any other lights I mounted on the boat I also use my helmet light on the trolling battery's when I'm on the deck useing the trolling motor bow fishing

Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:33 am
MMT Pro Member

Southern lite led boat light gen to is what I would get if I were you. I you are looking at rigid I’m gonna guess it’s in your price range. It’s small and compact and if you get the Wiring harness and riv nuts it’s easliy removable. Light has steel housing around it and is strong as hell. And it’s easily the brightest light I have ever seen to date

Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:41 am
MMT Pro Member

Southern lite led boat light gen to is what I would get if I were you. I you are looking at rigid I’m gonna guess it’s in your price range. It’s small and compact and if you get the Wiring harness and riv nuts it’s easliy removable. Light has steel housing around it and is strong as hell. And it’s easily the brightest light I have ever seen to date

Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:41 am
MMT Pro Member

Combo spot/flood by Cree are what i got and they work well.and they plug into a Trol mtr plug and come out of a reciever when not in use.trolling motorr plugs have 3 wires i used the extra for a switched hot from the switch panel works for me Says Ronbow

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]